Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
O Offline
I'm not going to point the finger at what is wrong with our forums, but we are experiencing severe performance issues. We are also experiencing the same lag on a couple of test boards running both older and newer version of UBB.Threads. Our production board is currently running 7.3.1 , and it and our two other test boards all are slower than molasses. The only common thing between these boards is that they are running a version of UBB.Threads on Dreamhost. They are running on different databases and database servers. All take at leat 35 seconds or more to respond to a script.

Generated in 105.722 seconds in which 0.072 seconds were spent on a total of 18 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

I can directly query the database and it responds quickly as expected (using PHPAdmin).

I also notice that the Photopost gallery random photo custom island is not refreshing with a new picture as it used to.

The board is found here:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/

If anyone has ANY ideas as to what is wrong with our forums it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

/porter

O
O Offline
I should also note that other PHP based software on our site is function fine. The Photopost gallery responds fine, as well as our other PHP based software we are using. It is just the UBB.Threads forums that is slow.

O
O Offline
Here are the other two test forums with the same problem:

http://beta.cascadeclimbers.com/ubb7/

http://test.cascadeclimbers.com/forum/

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Don't know the problem, just that I am not experiencing it on my dreamhost setups.

I have pretty much all my testboards there.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
O
O Offline
I just tried to do a completely vanilla install of 7.3.1. The install script dies out during the creation of the tables, but I can see in MySQLAdmin that the tables are created. I browse to the forum and see the install that failed, but is partially there.

This is the debugging output...

Generated in 70.079 seconds in which 0.020 seconds were spent on a total of 11 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

So a generic install of UBB is having the SAME result! Dreamhost says that the problem is our scripts...but this is a vanilla install...no customization at all. I had asked Dreamhost to look at it again, but I'm at a loss here. Its like something changed with PHP or something and it is only impacting UBB (an not our other PHP based software, including Photopost).

Veteran
Veteran
olyclimber, I will give you a secure sub site off one of my domain names for install and testing for reason to make sure it is not the script.

Send me a PM or contact me and I will set this up for you and give you all the access you need to do the testing.

O
O Offline
Well what do you know...the issue just "disappeared". All my forums are working as expected now. Though they haven't admitted anything yet, I suspect that Dreamhost made a config change or something. I'll see what they respond to my last email with...

Thanks for the offer Thelockman! I appreciate it!

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I believe several users have had issues with Dreamhost; so your problem may be the only word in this paragraph starting with a D and ending with reamhost...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Veteran
Veteran
I knew if he did a test run on one of my machines and showed them it works fine they would know it was them not the script.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Also might be worth reading the thread that I started about performance issues.

Specifically with the help of everyone here we isolated it down to unread posts. The main index taking an age to load. Try setting all your posts to read at the bottom of the index page with one of the users that has the issue and see if that makes a difference.

Join Europes biggest BMW M Car owners site
M-Torque - www.mtorque.co.uk
Old Hand
Old Hand
If debug output is on and the first time raise its the websever. If the second time time raise its the database server or the way how threads do a query. In first case you can only contact the hoster. In 99% you cant do anything. If the second time raised you have to look in two things:

1) Is this a issue on userbase or for all user. If this happen only to sime user go to this user ad see how much unread postings he have. Use mark all read and try again. If this resolve your problem go to the board setup and reduce the settings in this case (post tracking).

2) if all user have problems check the database server. Try a query by hand and see how it work. If the same problems comes up contact your DB Admin to do some performance tuning or change the database server.

my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 878 guests, and 139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29