Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#217245 09/23/2008 6:54 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
All of a sudden the sidebars on the portal page aren't being displayed and when I check the Active Posts I get the following error:

SQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and t2.FORUM_ID = t3.FORUM_ID and t1.POST_IS_APPROVED = 1 and t2.T' at line 8
SQL Error #: 1064
Query: select count(t1.POST_ID) from ubbt_POSTS as t1, ubbt_TOPICS as t2, ubbt_FORUMS as t3 where t1.POST_POSTED_TIME > 1221605052 and t1.TOPIC_ID = t2.TOPIC_ID and t3.FORUM_ACTIVE_POSTS = 1 and t2.FORUM_ID in () and t2.FORUM_ID = t3.FORUM_ID and t1.POST_IS_APPROVED = 1 and t2.TOPIC_STATUS <> 'M'

I couldn't find any help searching for previous reports of 1064 errors. It seems the array of forums for which I have access has no value set. Don't see why that would suddenly start happening. I haven't changed anything for a while.

Oh, UBBThreads 7.3 , MySQL 5.x

Any suggestions?
Thanks

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
That looks like a general SQL query error. This is the part that's the problem:

and t2.FORUM_ID in ()

It doesn't have any forum_id's to check. It appears that it can't associate you with any groups that can read the forums. Since your sidebars aren't showing either, it looks like there may be some other issue. Do you have SQL error logging turned on?

D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
That looks like a general SQL query error. This is the part that's the problem:

and t2.FORUM_ID in ()

It doesn't have any forum_id's to check. It appears that it can't associate you with any groups that can read the forums. Since your sidebars aren't showing either, it looks like there may be some other issue. Do you have SQL error logging turned on?

How do I turn on SQL error logging?

D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Ok I turned on SQL error logging within ubbthreads but all it does is record the error I posted above.

The missing sidebars on the portal page doesn't generate an error. I changed the portal sidebar option so that it was displayed on the forum page too. The system made space for the sidebar but the space is empty.

Last edited by duquesne; 09/24/2008 1:02 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Ok, I fixed the problem. It appears there was a remnant of a previous hack in the cache directory. Someone, I'm guessing a tech at the web host, removed all permissions from the directory thus causing the two problems I reported above.

The cache directory still contained a bogus web page that was owned by apache which I couldn't delete. So I moved the entire directory out from under the web server, recreated the cache directory with the proper permissions and copied back the ubbthreads files needed in that directory.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ruben, ahmed047, Nightcrawler, 1 invisible), 631 guests, and 116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29