Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
I've created a separate group for regulars and would like to keep those invited up-to-date with the members list for that group. Is there any way that I can bring up a list that I can copy and post into a thread so that the selected members know who has access to that area?

SQL query perhaps?

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Go to the group section and click on the number of users in that group. This will bring up a page with all the members in that group. I think you an delete, move, email, or any other function you can do on a search result.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Yes, I know that but it brings up all their details. All I want is a list of usernames that I can simply copy and paste.

Group 6 - Current Members:

Member1
Member2
Member3
Member4
Member5
Member6




Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
SQL Query
select t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME
from ubbt_USERS as t1,
ubbt_USER_GROUPS as t2
where t2.GROUP_ID='6'
and t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID

Change 6 to whatever group number you want.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
It would be nice to have some type of short technical manual for all the different fields in the database to be able to do MySQL stuff from standard SQL commands for this software some where.

This way for dude's like us that have and run the servers we can relate to data in order to do stuff like this without bugging you all the time Rick would be really great.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by ScriptKeeper
Yes, I know that but it brings up all their details. All I want is a list of usernames that I can simply copy and paste.


I have a list like that that I just auto update in an existing post. Saves the copy/paste smile


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by Rick
SQL Query
select t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME
from ubbt_USERS as t1,
ubbt_USER_GROUPS as t2
where t2.GROUP_ID='6'
and t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID

Change 6 to whatever group number you want.
Spot on! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

I know absolutely nothing about SQL queries. frown

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by blaaskaak
I have a list like that that I just auto update in an existing post. Saves the copy/paste smile
Tell me more. laugh


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)