Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Hi all
I upgraded my site to 7.4 (from 7.2.2) yesterday, and now i have lost all formatting. Whats worse is that i can no longer sign in. When i click on the login link i get a 404.

Take a peek at my site to see what i mean.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I take it that you didn't read the upgrade doc's and you uploaded the "styles" folder? This would purge out your styles...

Could you please describe to me how you upgraded (ie, what you did during the upgrade); what folders did you upload, did you run the upgrade.php file, etc...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Looks like your config.inc.php is borked as well; it's looking for your forum in a "ubbthreads7" subdirectory vs the web root... You may mull over the includes/config.inc.php file to make sure all of your paths/urls are correct... this could explain why it's not letting you login as your sessions folder would be misplaced...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Hi Gizmo
To answer the first question...
I followed the upgrade steps as per the document.
I unpacked the upgrade zip to a local store on my PC. I then FTP'd over the relevant files / folders.

When i ran the upgrade.php script the "Check files" process reported that the common.css file was missing.

A quick check in the unbundled zip and i spotted the css in the styles directory. I copied across this file, not the whole of the styles dir.

For the second question...
On my server i have all the ubbthreads installs off the main root under a hrmsaces sub dir. I have the original 6.5.+ system still present under ubbthreads. When i went to 7.2.2 i copied the whole lot over to ubbthreads7. This 7.2.2 site has been happily running for a year or so.
For the 7.4 upgrade i created a parallel install under ubbthreads740 using a new MySQL instance, and changed the config files accordingly. I tested this to ensure it all worked before upgrading this copy to 7.4
Once i was happy that the upgrade had gone well i then performed the upgrade on my live site under the ubbthreads7 sub dir.

So my server directory structure looks like this...

\hrmsaces
|
ubbthreads
ubbthreads7
|
<all the ubb files for this instance>
ubbthreads740
|
<all the ubb files for this instance>

my domain www.hrmsaces.co.uk has its destination set to hrmsaces/ubbthreads7 under the doc root folder

I guess this is my own doing having not been up to date with housekeeping on the server etc, but i'm sure as hell stuffed at present

From my config.php file...

'FULL_URL' => 'http://www.hrmsaces.co.uk/ubbthreads7',
'BASE_URL' => '/ubbthreads7',

Hmmm - i think you are right about my config being screwed...

I think the base_url should be null as the domain is already pointing direct to the correct directory on the server.

Time to do some tweaking

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Yeh, your config file would be the problem then...

What's happening is that it's looking for the files (and directing scripts) to the ubbthreads7 folder; but still building the cache as the db information is correct...

I'm thinking the base url will need to be '', and the full url be 'http://www.hrmsaces.co.uk'; give it a test and see how it works.

Okay that seems to have done the trick.

I have a couple of teething issues left over (such as broken links to my avatars and images) but hey i can work on them later.

I guess the content islands will rebuild eventually, as the post links in them are broken as well.

Thanks for the pointers Gizmo smile

A
A Offline
I agree it wiped out ALL my avatars, it shows up not one, but the directory is still there and they are all still there and chmod 666.

How do I get them back?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 816 guests, and 465 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29