Print Thread
Hop To
#219349 11/16/2008 10:27 AM
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
Hello,

my authorisation for the member's area ran up to the 05th November. However, I need the software of the UBB.Threads 6.5.5. Do I be able to do this, nevertheless, still somewhere downloaden?

Sorry, my english is bad... In German:

Hallo,

mein Zugang zum Mitglieder Bereich lief bis zum 05. November. Ich brauche aber die Software des UBB.Threads 6.5.5, kann ich die nachträglich noch irgendwo runterladen?

NO You can't download. You need member access to do it.
Threads 6.5.5 is still there.
The new version is 7.4.1

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
I hope I did not sound angry to you.

Blue Man Group
Ruben #219380 11/17/2008 11:40 AM
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
Hello,

I just want the new version 6.5.5 does not.
Is this impossible? I own a license.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Having a license provides you the right to run the software but does not cover the right for UPGRADES unless you're support contract is up to date.

If your contract is up to date then you should have
License Number:
License Password:

Then access this site: Members Area

G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
I will NOT upgrade!
I just want to use the old version and I need only download the 6.5.5...

I have the license information, so number and password.
If I login I get this message:

"Access Has Expired"

I want nothing new, the only thing I can use.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
You've always needed current access to the members area to download any version. We don't really keep records of what version was available when each person's members area access expired. It's somewhat like when you buy software that comes on a CD. If you lose it and don't have a backup, normally you'd need to repurchase.

Rick #219413 11/18/2008 10:05 AM
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
I can assure you my license number announce.
So you should check yes to whatever version I had access.
And then yes, it should not be a problem, for me the software to provide.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
If you've lost your access then you've lost your ability to download the software. If you purchase access you will again be able to download the software again.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
That is not very professional.
Other companies let their customers download the software forever.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Not vbulletin, Invision, Photopost, Gossamer Threads, Microsoft, Symantec, Apple, or any of a hundred or so companies I could name who rely on sales of their product to stay in business. This is common knowledge in the industry. It's been like this since at least 1998 here. It was announced years ago the coming end-of-life for the .threads 6.x series, it is only provided to members with current member area access as a service to those wanting to upgrade to 7.x. Weren't you working on 7.3 here? https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/209054/Re_7_3b4_German.html#Post209054

Really, come on up to 7, you'll love it smile

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Originally Posted by Gismo der erste
That is not very professional.
Other companies let their customers download the software forever.
I would like a list of the companies. The only one I know of is Snitz and it was free to begin with.

Blue Man Group
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
WoltLab who has a query by when has access to updates.
Once access to updates expired, you can download the software until the date you paid for.
If you want to further updates you need to pay for this course again. But what the old man has already paid you can download forever.

Not much of a list and the license is not in english so I don't understand. When you purchaced the software you agreed to the licence agreement HERE Version 6.5 is only availible for upgrading to the current version and is not supported. Bottom line is "You must Renew your member access" to download any version. Even if you already have it.

Blue Man Group
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
Here the license agreement in English:

License agreement for the acquisition of the WoltLab Burning board, copyright © 2001 - 2007 WoltLab GmbH

1. Area of application
1.1 the following license regulations refers to all with the WoltLab GmbH of closed sales contracts for the liable to pay the costs versions of the WoltLab Burning board (standard license, professional license and branding free license), manufactured by the WoltLab GmbH, Alexandrinenstr. 2-3, D-10969 Berlin.
1.2 the regulations apply this license agreement excluding. Are already now contradicted to verbal special agreements or any trading conditions of the buyer.
1.3 with the purchase, Download and the installation of the WoltLab Burning board explains you your agreement with the available license regulations. If you do not agree with the available regulations, you may not install this copy of the WoltLab Burning board.
expires to 1.4 your right for the use of the WoltLab Burning board automatically, if one of the conditions of these license regulations is hurt. When expiring the right to use you are obligated to delete the WoltLab Burning board on the used servers and data bases as well as all copies of the WoltLab Burning board to destroy including the provided documentation and any changed and changed versions of the WoltLab Burning board.
is not responsible to 1.5 the WoltLab GmbH for contents, which adjust third in a erworbenenen WoltLab Burning board. In particular the WoltLab GmbH is by the selling of the WoltLab Burning board neither Anbieterin of own information in accordance with § 8 TDG, still Diensteanbieterin of strange information in accordance with § 11 TDG.

2. License extent
The WoltLab Burning board acquired by you is exclusively for the user licensed and exclusively this registered in the registration mask with the purchase of the software is in the long term left.

2.1 duplications
They may multiply the software, as far as the respective duplication is necessary for the use of the software.
2.1.1 to the necessary duplications the installation of the WoltLab Burning board counts, that means an installing of the software on a server using a data base.
2.1.2 they may make a duplication beyond that for safeguard purposes. However only one backup copy of the WoltLab Burning board may be made only in each case and kept. The backup copy is to be marked as such of the left WoltLab Burning board.
2.1.3 from reasons of data security and sicherstellung of the reactivation of a computer system after a total failure may manufacture you by regular safety device of the entire volume of data including the assigned computer programs (e.g. by the employment of a tape mechanism), backup copies in the compellingly necessary number. The data media concerned should accordingly to be marked. The backup copies may be used only for purely archivarischen purposes and for the purpose of the reactivation.
additionally a copy of the WoltLab Burning board may install 2.1.4 the user as test version on a server, in order to be able to examine changes at the source code, Templates or at the data base. The test version may be used exclusively by you and not be operated as public forum.
2.1.5 further duplications may not make you.

2.2 multiple use
2.2.1 the WoltLab Burning board may be used on each you the available server. If you change the server, you must delete the WoltLab Burning board of the server, used licensed for you, so far completely. Same applies to the use of the tables (tables) of the WoltLab Burning board within the used data base.
2.2.2 repeated contemporaneous, at least however double installing, memory, operation, using or using of the WoltLab Burning board on one or more servers or with one or more data bases is inadmissible. This applies in particular if you liked to use an installation of the WoltLab Burning board on a server with two data bases or if it within a data base two versions of the tables of the WoltLab Burning board to use.
2.2.3 would like to install you the WoltLab Burning board on for one or more servers or with one or more data bases at the same time, stores, operates and/or to use, must you an appropriate number of software copies of the WoltLab GmbH acquire.

2.3 changes
2.3.1 they may change the source code of the WoltLab Burning board as well as the appropriate data base structure of the software assigned by tables on own risk, work on and on your needs both graphically and functionally to adapt. The changes of the WoltLab Burning board or parts specified in sentence 1 of it may be used only under the condition of the number 2,2 (multiple use).
2.3.2 copyright notes, series numbers as well as other of the software and source code identification serving characteristics of the WoltLab Burning board, in particular the visible references "Burning board (version), developed of the copyright notices as well as therein, mentioned by WoltLab GmbH" or parts, the contained left, may be removed or changed in no case. Same applies to a suppression or an unrecognizable making.
2.3.3 the characteristics of the WoltLab Burning board serving in accordance with number of 2.3.2 copyright notes specified, seriennummern as well as the other software and source code identification is to be taken over into changed or worked on versions of the WoltLab Burning board.
for 2.3.4 something else applies then only if you acquire an auxiliary license from the WoltLab GmbH, by which you are entitled to remove excluding the visible copyright notices. With removing or the changing of the visible copyright notices to you the WoltLab GmbH does not grant further rights to use than in the numbers 2.1 and the 2.2 specified.

2.4 passing on
2.4.1 You are justified to sell or give away the unchanged version of the WoltLab Burning board licensed with the purchase on you as well as the pertinent documentation, in the long term to a new user, presupposed, the new user explain himself in agreement with the available license regulations. They may not leave the WoltLab Burning board to new users, if the justified suspicion exists, which will hurt new users the conditions as per contract, manufactures in particular bad duplications.
2.4.2 a letting, leasing or a further licensing of the WoltLab Burning board to profit-making purposes is inadmissible.
2.4.3 You are obligated to keep the available license regulations, which were provided you with the purchase of the WoltLab Burning board. Before the passing on of the WoltLab Burning board you must submit these to the new user to the information. The license conditions can be seen and downloaded at any time on the InterNet side of the WoltLab GmbH under www.woltlab.de/products/burning_board/license.php.
2.4.4 they should the WoltLab GmbH with acquisition of a passed on WoltLab Burning board in writing under indication of your name and complete address, as well as name and address of the salesman, immediately inform (woltlab@woltlab.de). This makes for the new user possible, with appropriate license, further a downloading of updates and the use support of the WoltLab GmbH.
2.4.5 in the case of the passing on must hand you to the new user over the complete program copies and/or all existing backup copies and update and delete not the handed over copies and updates completely. With complete passing on, your right expires to the unchanged version for the use of the WoltLab Burning board.
2.4.6 the passing on of one in the function and source code changed version of the WoltLab Burning board is inadmissible.

3. Requirements for lack
3.1 one points out that it is not possible after the present state of the art to exclude errors in data processing programs on all application conditions.
3.2 lack of the supplied WoltLab Burning board are repaired by the WoltLab GmbH opposite entrepreneurs in the sense § 14 of the civil law book within one year, opposite consumers in the sense § 13 of the civil law book within 2 years, beginning after receipt of the WoltLab Burning board. This takes place after choice of the WoltLab GmbH by means of removal of the lack (rework) or supply of a faultless WoltLab Burning board (replacement).
the lack can reduce 3.3 not within appropriate period be repaired or is the rework or replacement for other reasons as missed to be regarded, can the user for its choice the purchase price, withdraw from the contract, require payment of damages or substitution of futile expenditures. The two latter requirements regulate themselves after number 4 of the available regulations.
3.4 of failing the rework or replacement is to be gone out only if the WoltLab GmbH were granted to opportunity sufficiently for the rework or replacement, without desired success was obtained, e.g. if the rework or replacement is impossible, justified doubts regarding the chances of success exists or if an unreasonableness for other reasons is present.

4. Adhesion
4.1 your requirements on payment of damages or substitution of futile expenditures depends without consideration for the right nature of the requirement on the available regulations.
the WoltLab GmbH beside a roughnegligent or deliberate obligation injury is responsible to 4.2 for damage from the injury of the life, the body or the health also for a negligent obligation injury unrestrictedly. Same applies to obligation injuries of a legal representative or executing aides of the WoltLab GmbH.
remains unaffected for 4.3 the adhesion after the product liability law (§ 14 product liability law).
to 4.4 with the remaining liability claims the WoltLab GmbH is responsible unrestrictedly only with nonexistence of the guaranteed condition as well as for resolution and rough negligence also its legal representatives and executing aide. Opposite entrepreneurs in the sense § to 13 of the civil law book the WoltLab GmbH clings for executing aides only after number 4,5 of this adhesion clause.
the WoltLab GmbH clings to 4.5 for easy negligence only, if an obligation is hurt, whose observance for the reaching of the contract purpose is of special importance (cardinal obligation). With injury of the cardinal obligation the adhesion is hum-moderately limited to the fivefold of the hiring payment as well as to such damage, on whose emergence in the context of a software hiring must be typically counted.
is not responsible to 4.6 the WoltLab GmbH expressly for damage, which due to a use or a use of one in the source code changed or for changed version of the WoltLab Burning board developed.
4.7 the adhesion for overrun one limits to the typical re-establishment expenditure, which would have occurred danger of appropriate preparation of backup copies with more regular and.
4.8 the managing rain lungs applies also to all employees, coworkers, representatives and executing aides of the WoltLab GmbH.

5. Investigation and obligationobligation obligations
5.1 they are obligated to examine the supplied software for obvious lack. Obvious lack, e.g. a malfunctioning of the installation routine, are at the WoltLab GmbH within two weeks after supply in writing to ruegen. Lack, which are not obvious, must be reprimanded at the WoltLab GmbH within two weeks after recognizing.
5.2 is the purchase of the software for both parts a commercial transaction, are obligated you to examine the supplied WoltLab Burning board within 8 working-days after supply in particular regarding the completeness of the software as well as the operability of fundamental program functions. Lack, which are determined here or can be recognized, must be announced the WoltLab GmbH within further 8 working-days in writing. Lack, which cannot be recognized in the context of the described normal investigation, must be reprimanded within 8 working-days after discovery under adherence to the stated requirementrequirement requirements.
5.3 the lack, in particular the arisen symptoms, is to be described after forces in detail.
the supplied WoltLab Burning board in reputation of the lack concerned is considered to 5.4 with injury of the investigation and obligationobligation obligations as authorized.

6. Right choice and area of jurisdiction
the right of the Federal Republic of Germany under exclusion of the UN Kaufrechts applies for 6.1 regarding all legal relations from these license regulations.
6.2 if you are buyer in the sense of the commercial code, legal entity of the public right or publicly legal special estate, for all disputes, which develop in the context of the completion of this license agreement, Berlin as court conditions agreed.

7. Salvatori clause
In the case of the inefficacy of a determination of the license agreement you are authorized to replace the ineffective regulation by an effective whose economic success corresponds to that the ineffective regulation as far as possible.

WoltLab GmbH
Alexandrinenstr. 2-3
D-10969 Berlin

E-Mail: woltlab@woltlab.de
Tel.: 030 6167599-0 (Mo-Fr of 10-18 o'clock)
Fax: 030 6167599-1
Internet: woltlab.de, woltlab.info, woltlab.org, woltlab.com

Managing directors entitled to act as substitute: Marcel Werk and Arian Glander
Trade register: District court Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 99901 B

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I don't see the point of posting some other company's license agreement. We're not going to change our license agreement in response to what some other company is doing with theirs. Our license has always been, and will very likely always be, the same on this issue. If your member area access is current you can download. If you let your member area access expire you cannot download.

Further, we are not a backup service. If you have lost your zip and have let your member area expire you need to renew so that you can download. We are not an archive service. We do not keep older versions available. We only provide access to the most recent version. Older versions are considered inferior and occasionally a security risk and will not be posted to the member area.

Agree!
Contact Infopop directly and close this topic!

Blue Man Group
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
This is quite an old topic, but I have seen quite a few people looking at this topic recently, so wanted to clarify some changes.

With our new members area, you will always be able to download the last version that you had access to when your members area access expired. We don't go back any farther than version 6.5.5 however.

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
So its actually not possible to download an older version of uBB threads, for free? - I mean how about making one version free source / open source? - Would be a benefit for the reputation. wink

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
prior to 6.5.5 (actually 7.2 imho), there were security issues..

do you want to go there?

SD #235865 03/28/2010 6:31 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, you get what you pay for really; and there are already open source forum solutions out there...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Well, you get what you pay for really; and there are already open source forum solutions out there...

You're right, though in your point of view, personally, is it worth paying for a "virtual forum"? Don't take that question as an offense, business is business.

Originally Posted by Sirdude
prior to 6.5.5 (actually 7.2 imho), there were security issues..

do you want to go there?

Ehm, do you mean the uBBthreads version 6.5.5, for free to download, even though it's with securty errors?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
6.5.5 was the last release of the 6.x series, and all known security issues were fixed for that release. However, it's still not a free download, simply for the fact that we always want to be able to support what users are downloading, and we just can't support such an old version.

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
A'ight. So there's basically no free version to download, just to make it clear - so I'd think about buying, or still hesitating. wink - No chit chat.

AceR #235875 03/29/2010 12:05 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I don't really understand "virtual forum"...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
And I don't see how providing any version of it would benefit Rick's reputation at all. confused

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C Offline
For anyone interested in evaluating the software I suggest using the sandbox demo extensively.

https://www.ubbcentral.com/demo.php

An interesting point about starting a message board. How long do you plan to run it? A couple years? Longer? I will tell you after running a board for almost 10 years that paying $100 to do an in-depth evaluation will be the least of your problems and is worth the money and time invested. I have bought other message board software (sorry Rick;) ) to test out for possibly switching to, and only after months and months of evaluation would I make a decision, realizing I run a highly popular highly modified board with almost 1 million posts, so a migration or an upgrade is not a minor deal.

Won't you take me to Funkytown?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Havenofsobriety, rootman), 624 guests, and 106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29