Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
I have checked all the forum permissions and still not getting this option. Any suggestions please.

Regards
S

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
When you edit a post it should show at the bottom of the edit post screen.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Hi

Thanks for coming back to me. We used to be able to see the move merge topics at the bottom of posts but this option hasn't been there for a few weeks now.
The other thing that has changed is the drop down box from a members name where we got options such as 'see all this member's posts' which we don't get now.

We had a few hackers recently and wondered whether this caused the problems.

Regards
S

Not knowing what version you have.
But if you stil have a virgin zip file of the same version you could just follow the upgrade instructions HERE
Less the install folder.
Then double check your file permissions listed in the instructions.
Then you may want to clear cache . and or possibly rebuild content using the control panel.
See what happens.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Hi

Thanks, we'll try that. We have 7.2.2

S

S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
BTW

Can you tell my why this happened when it did function previously? Also any ideas why the dropdown box from the memebers name has stopped functioning?

After looking into what you suggested I think your suggestion might be beyond my capabilities as I'm just a user with zero proramming knowledge and I might cause more problems that I cure.

Do you think it could be a hacker problem that has caused it?

Thanks
S

The only reason I made the suggestion is you stated that someone hacked your site. If you have a backup you could do the same thing. But if the backup is corrupted you would not gain anything.
If you were to overwrite your files then you would need to preserve the config.inc.php file in the includes folder.

But you probably would be better off opening a support ticket and have Rick take a look at it if you don't feel comfortable overwriting your files.

Rick will need a admin logon for the board and a ftp account to check the files and possibly access to the mysql database.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If you've had a few hackers as you mentioned, then yes they definitely could have caused the problem, and they still may have some exploit scripts on the server.

At this point, the safest thing to do would be to, at the minimum do what Ruben suggested, but do it in a clean directory. If you do an install/upgrade in your current directory you may end up with the same issues if you have an hacker uploaded files in there.

If you need assistance with this, you could order an Upgrade Install, and we could handle everything. Install in a new directory, upgrade your forums, clear out the old directory and then move it over to the current.

S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Hi Rick

Thanks - the upgrade seems the way to go as we are not very php knowledgeable and need all the help we can get! one thing - does the upgrade support PHP5/MySQL5 as our hosting company tells us we can upgrade our server and it will be more secure?

Thanks

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
php5/mysql5 is a good thing.. also apache 2 wink

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Yep, PHP5/MySQL is definitely supported and recommended as the Dude mentioned.

S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Thanks again!

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Sinaj
Hi Rick

Thanks - the upgrade seems the way to go as we are not very php knowledgeable and need all the help we can get! one thing - does the upgrade support PHP5/MySQL5 as our hosting company tells us we can upgrade our server and it will be more secure?

Thanks
Sinaj, if you're not comfortable upgrading yourself there are several dev's here who offer upgrade services

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
OK thanks for letting me know.

Just out of curiosity can anyone tell me why we lost the move/merge function and drop down box from members names? I wondered why hackers would cause these particular problems.

S

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Those are only displayed when your membership level allows for it (admin or moderator of that forum). If the hackers were messing with your user permissions then this could be why.

S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Thanks once more. That sounds like a good explanation.

Regards
S

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 767 guests, and 208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29