Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
J
journeyman
journeyman
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
Excuse my ignorance here but I just gone to Forum Settings » Edit Forum and enabled RSS for an area of my forum.

Should an RSS icon appear in this forum once I enable it - or do I have to do something next?

thanks

Jeff

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Not sure but I think it appears in the browser address bar.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 327
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 327
If you enabled the 'My Feeds' users will have a 'Feeds' item in their 'My Stuff' menu where it lists all available feeds they can subscribe to.

Alternatively, you can insert a snippet of code in your header insert to make the RSS icon appear in the address bar of the user's browser. The code would look something like:
HTML
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Feed" href="http://www.yourdomain.tld/forums/cache/global_rss##.xml" />
Keep in mind this will only use one feed -- the one you specify by replacing the ##.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Yeh, I was hoping something like this would have been added to the stock product should a feed be enabled...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)