Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Old Hand
Old Hand
My forum
http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

shows below error message, I have no idea how to fix this.
i run 7.3.1
Thanks for your input.
/Morgan in Sweden

UBB Message
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Script: /home/cluster1/data/i/p/a1172648/html/forums/libs/user.inc.php
Line#: 445
SQL Error: Table './14462_britbikecom/ubbt_bbfUSERS' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
SQL Error #: 145
Query: SELECT t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_TOPIC_VIEW_TYPE,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT, t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME, t1.USER_PASSWORD, t1.USER_SESSION_ID, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t1.USER_IS_BANNED,t1.USER_RULES_ACCEPTED, t1.USER_IS_UNDERAGE, t2.USER_TOTAL_PM, t2.USER_STYLE, t2.USER_HIDE_LEFT_COLUMN,t2.USER_HIDE_RIGHT_COLUMN, t2.USER_LANGUAGE, t2.USER_MOOD, t2.USER_RELATIVE_TIME, t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_SHOW_ALL_GRAEMLINS, t2.USER_AVATAR, t2.USER_TITLE, t2.USER_CUSTOM_TITLE, t2.USER_NAME_COLOR, t2.USER_SHOW_LEFT_MYSTUFF FROM ubbt_bbfUSERS as t1, ubbt_bbfUSER_PROFILE as t2 WHERE t1.USER_ID = '' AND t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID

Please click back to return to the previous page.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
enthusiast
enthusiast
No, it's not bad. Do you have SSH access?

If so, stop MySQL server and run:

myisamchk --silent --force --fast --update-state -O key_buffer=64M -O sort_buffer=64M -O read_buffer=1M -O write_buffer=1M /var/lib/mysql/databasename/ubbt_USERS.MYI

Rob

My place to be: http://www.freesat.nl
Old Hand
Old Hand
No no ssh access only forum admin.
you gave me some hope here.. :o)

how can I get this ssh access?

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
enthusiast
enthusiast
Probably you cannot get any access using SSH if it's no dedicated server.

Maybe this will work:
1) Login to your cPanel
2) Go to the MySQL section, and click the "REPAIR" icon next to your database's name

Rob

enthusiast
enthusiast
You can try the REPAIR option in SQL

The syntax is, as would be expected, REPAIR TABLE tablename[,tablename1...] [options]. This method only works with MyISAM tables.

So login with phpmyadmin and try this option if the first one doesn't work.

Rob

Old Hand
Old Hand
ROB,

Tried to do this
1) Login to your cPanel
2) Go to the MySQL section, and click the "REPAIR" icon next to your database's name

Well I did and go below message
Sorry, we had trouble processing your request. An unexpected error occurred. If this continues to happen, please contact Support.

I did contact support, sadly I have not that good experience with that "support" due to prior experience. But they might surprize me hope for that.
Any other clues from you guys???

Thanks
Morgan

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
Old Hand
Old Hand
BLOODY H*LL it works.............
Maybe the repair button did it after all...
Big thanks and be sur I will monitor it for a while

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
enthusiast
enthusiast
You're welcome. I hope it keeps working now. I had the same for a while but i run my server dedicated and i'm running a crontab which checks the quality of my databases once in a while and repairs it on the background. But that's only possible if you run your own server or have SSH acces with root rights...

Goodluck with you fully repaired database. Oh, don't forget to back it up once in a while...

Rob

Old Hand
Old Hand
It's just that I have no back up and don't know how to...
Maybe I should be a user instead...;)

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
enthusiast
enthusiast
hehehe... You have MySQL access, there's a way to backup you complete SQL database with just 5 mouseclicks smile (Export option)

If you can't find it please let us know, i'll give you some more explaination..

Rob

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
You can backup your tables from within the control panel - go to your 'database tools' toward the bottom of the CP, then select the 3rd tab over, you may have to add a folder to back them up to.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
enthusiast
enthusiast
Oops, forgot that there's a backup function within ubb... blush

Yes there is but there is not a restore so you would need to know how to restore the backup.
I use it myself as a backup to my backup but it looks like it would be a headache to use to restore. Since it makes a separate file for each table.

It would be nice if Rick would add a utility to restore using the backups that ubb makes.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, You would wonder why someone one would make a backup routine in a program but no restore command for that program.

Well you know people here will say they don't use the ubb backup because their board is very large and it takes to long, Backup crashes because file is to large(Bla,bla,bla)
But I think for people new at least it would be a useful tool until they get their feet wet.

It could be just a simple stand alone script using the config.inc.php file. Which has everything needed.
And by the way the backup does not save that file either just the tables.

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It'd be far more resource intensive to create a backup from within the UBB than say through an sql dump via commandline... (See my sticky for moving a forum in the general forum for a little how to).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Okay giz posted at same time. But I still think of the peeps as Sd says.

Blue Man Group
Veteran
Veteran
Just had a site move onto my service utilizing a different message board then UBB. He had no backup and lost a few thousand post's and hundreds of users. Lost the entire database.

I had his site online and running with in an hour after he was online. To bad he didn't have his database. I could have restored it in less then 30 minutes.

You see, many of these UBB's are hosted on these rock solid corporations who give away web space for next to nothing with those said unlimited accounts. What happens if they go belly up and close or kick you off for what ever reason?

I see this happening allot in the very near future. Bad for those companies but really good for me. The Mom and Pop web hosting companies offer more in the long run then those secure corporations.

All I can say is you have to live through it to understand the importance of backups.
Most people read the FAQ on their host and assume they are already backed up. But the truth is the host only backs up the server(In most cases) So the user may get the site back but all published files are gone.

Blue Man Group
Veteran
Veteran
Was not me as the host, lol. They are making backups now and I am now hosting them as well.

I do backups but tell the users that they are responsible for their own. Sometimes we need to move sites from one server to another and always backup those sites before we make those changes, we play it safe.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
One of my favorite clients went belly up becuase they didn't keep backups, and their webhost went offline and didn't keep backups of their sites... Was horrible to see his community dissapear overnight...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Veteran
Veteran
Was their web host one of those big corporations giving away web space for next to nothing?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well I know that CPANEL allows you to do full backups of all DB and restores.

I agree with Gizmo that command line access would be the fastest, but as some say, new users may not have or even know how to do it from the command line. I would think most host control panels would allow DB backup/restore if they're offering MySQL for users.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by JAISP
Was their web host one of those big corporations giving away web space for next to nothing?
In a nutshell, yeh; near unlimited resources, blah blah blah...

My main pre-requisite I'd have with any host SSH access... I find it a nessessity...

Old Hand
Old Hand
My mysql is 900mb and I have used just over half of it.
If I do a backup would it be stored on that server or
in my host web.com's website server?

How do I use the command line to do this?

I know i need to create a backup but also delete some of the content in the database.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, the SQL command is executed from your webhost server, so it'd take the data off of the sql server and dump it to wherever you ran the command from...

This would be done exactly as the migration guide states, just the -h parameter would be wherever your mysql host is (if it differentiates from "localhost").

enthusiast
enthusiast
Backup from the command line:
mysqldump -Q -u USERNAME -pPASSWORD DATABASENAME > /backup_location/database.sql

Rob

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Here's the reason why there is no restore option within UBB. We couldn't restore the entire table at once due to timeout issues, so we'd need to restore it in chunks. Which means we'd have to drop a table before starting to restore it, or just drop the data from the table.

We can't drop the table because UBB might rely on the table and would no longe work, right in the middle of your restore. If we dropped data, when we got to the USER_ tables we could have the same issue, because as an admin you'd either get logged out when your data was dropped, or you temporarily wouldn't exist at all.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
What is the bast way to backup?
Is there a step by step guide on how to properly and safely backup?

My ISP does this but as it was mentioned it is best to backup outside the ISP just in case they go out of business.

Would be nice if a backup file was mailed every day.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Use your Plesk/Cpanel to do so... Don't invent the wheel again.

Veteran
Veteran
I think for many users who have a UBB the best question would be what is the best way to restore?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Lol if my site backup was emailed every day, i'd have several hundred gb of data in my email...

best way to restore is the best way to backup... via the commandline through SSH tongue... (again, covered in my "how to migrate" posting in the how to forum)

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Using the built-in backup scripts has a negligible server load. You can use the ubb backups to do a restore, I've done this several times with SSH.

- Allen
Veteran
Veteran
I use the UBB backups as well to do a restore, it's quick and no server load however the only way I can do this is via command line. It does not matter how large the file is either. The major problem is that some users on a hosted environment do not have command line access or wouldn't know how to restore this way.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Originally Posted by Robje01
Use your Plesk/Cpanel to do so... Don't invent the wheel again.

All of my hosting accounts have Cpanel but I do not know how to backup UBBthreads from there.

Not trying to invent. Just want to use something that is already invented and works

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
phpmyadmin works, for larger boards you'll have to do partial restores - can take a long time but I've done it with success several times.

- Allen
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Lol if my site backup was emailed every day, i'd have several hundred gb of data in my email...
Me too. I have a couple of sites with more than 1 million posts
I keep backups, two copies on different hard disks, at the server. Never though my host could go bust and not give me the backup

Maybe I need to somehow mirror the server at a different host

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
I ftp both my file and sql backup to a different host after creating them daily.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by pinkmelon
Never though my host could go bust and not give me the backup

You will see many of those large corporate cut through pricing host's going bust in the next year or two.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 455 guests, and 159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29