Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
I recently realized that I have way too many Global Annoucements that are "sticky posts." I would like to have all of the announcements posted, but not have so many sticky posts in a forum before you get to the actual topics in the forum.

This got me thinking, "what if Threads had a capability to make "rotating" topics?" For example, say I have 5 topics I want to keep available for members to see in all the forums, but don't want to have a strink of 5 topics posted as sticky all the time. An alternative would be to have a way to make several Topics that the admin could tag as a "rotating" announcement, and you could have as many sets of rotating annoucements as you wanted.

So, if I had five topics tagged as a "rotating topic" all in the same set of topics, then each time a member refreshed or moved out of a forum, then back into it, they would see a different topic in that position each time. The rotation could be random. This would be similar to how rotating banner ads work, except it would be a sticky topic (global or not global) that gets changed out with each new visit to a forum by a particular member.


Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Sounds like a good idea to me.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)