Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
stranger
stranger
I really need to find a way to have an RSS feed auto-post into threads on my UBB board. I have found an RSS feed package that was developed and posted on ubbdev but have read it's broken with 7.5.2, which is the release my board uses.

What options if any do I have? Is this function slated to be in an upcoming release, and/or is anyone planning on addressing the issues that broke the package for 7.5.2?

I'm very happy with UBB, but the RSS auto-post is a must for my new board. I see vBulletin has this built into the product and it appears to work well. Is there a way to accomplish within UBB 7.5.2? Help?

Sign me "Don't Want to Switch"

"All great truths begin as blasphemies."
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
This will definitely be a part of version 8. As for the addon, it looks like it just needs a bit of an update. Ian Spence (the original author) hasn't been around for quite some time, so probably need someone to adopt the addon and make it 7.5 compatible (needs the valid_post check and updates for the new libraries).

stranger
stranger
Any idea of when the addon can be made 7.5 compatible? We need to make a decision for our board sometime this week. Don't mean to be a pest, just have to make a decision.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by OutdoorsInTexas
Any idea of when the addon can be made 7.5 compatible? We need to make a decision for our board sometime this week. Don't mean to be a pest, just have to make a decision.

Thanks!
The addon at ubbdev is not supported by the vendor. UBBDEV is a user supported site. So that means one of us would need to pickup where IAN left off.
As far as Version 8 goes. Possibly before year end.
Rick would need to answer that question but I think he is not ready to commit to a date yet. It is really tough to estimate a date until at least a initial beta version is out to test.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
BTW there are a few members here that are willing sometimes to sponsor a update on an existing modification but your best bet is to post at ubbdev since this site does not really support code modifications. This is the vendor site.
Some people may be Gizmo,Sirdude,DLWebmaestro,Robje01 just to name a few active members. And they are active at UBBDEV also.

Blue Man Group
stranger
stranger
Good info to know, will followup. Thanks much Ruben!

Good luck.
And I am anxious for version 8 myself.

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If you read through the addon at ubbdev, it includes everything you need to update; I have it running on 7.5 (though I don't use the cp stuff so i don't even bother re-modding that back in every version upgrade)

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Okay Giz is you hand up in the air? LOL

Blue Man Group
stranger
stranger
Please Giz? Please? We'll buy you a pony!

Or a 12-pack?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Mmm, a 12 pack you say? lol...

If I get the time I'll go troll the thread and see about helping get a working version out; but for the next couple of days I'm swamped..

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
stranger
stranger
STOP THE PRESSES!

My super duper deluxe brainiac developer has cracked the code and now has a working version of the mods allowing 7.5.2 to auto post RSS feeds! She will post said code on ubbdev.com in the next few days unless we are offered stout monetary bribes, a set of Spock's ears, the safe return of all my missing pens and socks or the bill of a large platypus. In which case we will provide code at your request.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, if she follows the directions posted in the thread it should just take moments to get it working... Unless she plans to maintain the code for it, she shouldn't really post a new thread and instead should just email it to myself and I'll add it to the initial post there.

Originally Posted by OutdoorsInTexas
STOP THE PRESSES!

My super duper deluxe brainiac developer has cracked the code and now has a working version of the mods allowing 7.5.2 to auto post RSS feeds! She will post said code on ubbdev.com in the next few days unless we are offered stout monetary bribes, a set of Spock's ears, the safe return of all my missing pens and socks or the bill of a large platypus. In which case we will provide code at your request.

Is it up on UBBDEv yet? Must dig out my login credentials and take a visit. This is something i would find most useful indeed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Napalm, 1 invisible), 867 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29