Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
journeyman
journeyman
2 Offline
Guys:

It seems like every time I access cPanel or my UBB admin function, my mysql database immediately becomes unreachable. The username.password creds for accessing mysql keep changing. WTF!

I can't access cPanel without crashing my Board!

Help please. WTH is going on?

Rick
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If a cPanel access is causing your mysql database to become unreachable then that really sounds like some sort of server issue going on. Especially if your username/passwords are constantly changing.

If you have SSH access to the server, what I'd do is try and do a 'mysqladmin processlist' to see what's actually going on when the database locks up.

journeyman
journeyman
2 Offline
Rick:

This seems to be related to the persistent connections issue. Since I upgraded from 7.1 to 7.53, I'm having a helluva time. Right now, I have a slew of people emailing me saying that they can't login, and I have about half as many people online as I normally do at this time.

Also, without persistent connections, the server seems to be noticeably slower than when I was running 7.1. Gen times are double or triple the time.

Going into the UBB admin creates an instant database error, and we figured out that something with that persistent connections is changing the login creds for the mysql table. NOT the config file, but the creds at the mysql table itself.

Now, I think it's doing it when I go into cPanel too.

AND, currently, I can't access phpmyadmin either.

All this started happening when I upgraded to 7.53 and checked persistent connections.

Something is very, very screwy!!!!!!!!! Can you help?

Rick
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
You do know that any time you change from persistent connections you MUST restart Apache, right? If you don't you've failed to sever the connection from Apache to MYSQL. Leaving connections On that are supposed to be OFF will make some very very inconsistent behavior.

Other than that, if you've got something changing the username and password of the MySQL server, and or the privileges, you need to look someplace other than .threads as .threads can't change users, passwords, or flush privileges.

Cpanel or PhpMyAdmin both can. I'd start there.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
journeyman
journeyman
2 Offline
Dave:

This is what I was referring to:

https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...Emergence_boards_offline.html#Post225246

My server admin showed it to me. I'm not exactly sure what is happening, but I guess the suspicion is some autocomplete feature??? That thread refers to Chrome, but I use Firefox.

Rick
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Rick, if your .threads config was wrong it wouldn't make it so cpanel can't connect. The .threads config has nothing to do with cpanel and for sure .threads cannot change your MySQL server's configuration, which seems to be the complaint if I am reading it right.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'm pretty sure it's just a case of the autocomplete feature of their browser putting the user/pass that's set to login to the site when the page loads and they are submitting the forum with those fields populated with that data...

Which would not be a threads error, but a problem with the browser and the user just not validating the information is correct when submitting the form.

I believe I read something somewhere that they where planning to have an autocomplete=off for fields on some browsers, but I don't know if they made any headway

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
There is an autocomplete=off for firefox, but it's not a valid XHTML tag, so not something I want to add in for version 8. I'm just going to have to rename all username/password fields to something else, maybe just un/pw. Something still recognizable that doesn't trigger all the autofill stuff.

On the database lockup issue itself:

All this started happening when I upgraded to 7.53 and checked persistent connections.

Persistent connections can help on some servers, hurt on others. I'd go back to running with it off, but as Dave mentioned, you'll need to restart the webserver after disabling it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (Stovebolt, ahmed047, Gizmo), 923 guests, and 152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29