Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#228487 08/20/2009 3:16 AM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 25
newbie
newbie
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 25
Hi there, yes its me, back with more questions!!

I currently have a teaser forum but what I cant work out is how to allow people to access it without making them a moderator of some sort. There are only certain users I want to allow access to this forum.

The teaser I have is in the main forum list page just like the teaser test forum on this board.

Can I allow access for just certain individuals without making them a moderator or setting up a group and if so how?

Look forward to the answer. Thanks




Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
if the certain individuals are already in a special group. Just give that group permission
At
control Panel>Forum permissions.

If not you will need to add a group with permission to the forum and add the people to that group.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Expanding on Ruben's post...

"Teaser forums" is just a feature which displays the last post information for a private forum (and makes it display on the category list). The only way to allow access to a private forum is to add permissions to access, post, and/or create topics for a group (or a new group). You'll then be able to assign users to this group by editing their profile.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 25
newbie
newbie
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 25
Thats great, thanks guys, appreciate it.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Off topic.
Wake Up Little Susie, Wake up!
I like that song.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
4 members (mmem700, vscope, SteveS, 1 invisible), 668 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)