Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#229191 09/12/2009 6:48 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Hej

One of my users has forgot his password and requested a temporary password on the login page, but nothing happened! No mail was sent.

I went into member management and the users profile and hit the 'Send password' button, but no mail was sent!

I have investigated this, and it seems that UBB, including this site, have som trouble sending temporary password on requests.

Is it a bug? I remember this feature worked in previously Ubb 7 versions.

trosfrihed.dk
Custom Ubb 7.5.2
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
DO you have access to your mailserver logs so you can see if anything is being sent out? Have you tried sending a temporary password for your own account? Some basic troubleshooting will help with this. It could be something as simple as it's being caught in the user's spam folder.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Rick
DO you have access to your mailserver logs so you can see if anything is being sent out? Have you tried sending a temporary password for your own account? Some basic troubleshooting will help with this. It could be something as simple as it's being caught in the user's spam folder.

I dont have access to mailserver log, and I did try to sent passwords to my own account. However, I found it did worked with english language files, but not the danish files. I'd checked mailer.php language file and put in some spaces around the %%variables%%, then it worked again smile So far so good.

The program doesnt send any email when hit the 'send password' button in 'member mangement', it only sends email when using the 'forget password' link on the loginpage.

trosfrihed.dk
Custom Ubb 7.5.2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ruben, 1 invisible), 998 guests, and 205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29