Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
S
sb
Offline
member
member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
How do we get rid of the text next to the button graphics?
Example attached
Attachments
ubb.gif

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Must be just your site.
I don't see that happening here or on other sites.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
The actual button images shouldn't be there anymore, I'm assuming you recently upgraded. It looks like you didn't update the images/general images with the new style (which is just the small graphic without the text.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Yeh, the images where changed to allow language files to actually be of use with the post images; this was changed like 7.2 or so (at least I want to say 7.2)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
S
sb
Offline
member
member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
Where can I download the correct image files for:
/images/general/vbb
/images/general/default_dark

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay lets start with what version are you using.
Rick made a assumption that you upgraded.
Did you?
I ask because:
I don't recall /images/general/vbb in version 7.x at all.
/images/general/default_dark does exist in the 7.x series.


Also posting your forum url helps everyone from asking the same basic question.

So to answer your question , You would get the current version files in the members area:
http://support.socialstrata.com/members/members.php



Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
The default images exist in the zip file you downloaded from here to do your upgrade.

There is no "vbb" per stock, it sounds like something you or someone else customized, in which you'll need to move any new pictures into that new graphicset.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I think I figured out where the vbb folder comes from, a few of the stylesheets contributed by members used that folder.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 347 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)