The actual button images shouldn't be there anymore, I'm assuming you recently upgraded. It looks like you didn't update the images/general images with the new style (which is just the small graphic without the text.
Yeh, the images where changed to allow language files to actually be of use with the post images; this was changed like 7.2 or so (at least I want to say 7.2)
Okay lets start with what version are you using. Rick made a assumption that you upgraded. Did you? I ask because: I don't recall /images/general/vbb in version 7.x at all. /images/general/default_dark does exist in the 7.x series.
Also posting your forum url helps everyone from asking the same basic question.
The default images exist in the zip file you downloaded from here to do your upgrade.
There is no "vbb" per stock, it sounds like something you or someone else customized, in which you'll need to move any new pictures into that new graphicset.