Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
old hand
old hand
I have hundreds of subscribers and really like the subscription feature in 7.5.X, but would really like to see some improvements in V8. If you look at This Thread you will see that I currently manually set a subscriber's Member Custom Title to indicate their status, and I also do a manual query to ad a star (of appropriate color) next to their name for others to see. But the whole process in manual and a PITA.

I would love to see the subscriptions for V8 work to automatically set a members title (to whatever admin wants for each subscription level) and also set an icon (also setable by admin for each level) for example, I use different colored stars. I'd also want their icon and member Custom Title to be re-set if their subscription expires (and re-set again if they re-subscribe).

The subscribers page filters should also have an option for listing members where Active = No, but that excludes those who re-subscribed (so you can see members who are truly inactive and have never re-subscribed).

I would also like the member to be sent an email (not just a PM) when their subscription expires, with a link to where they can re-subscribe. Finally, I would like for an option to allow admin to get email notification when a member's subscription expires.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
The ability to have a special "group image" added and removed when they subscribe and the subscription ends is in v8 already and we'll definitely be making more improvements as we can.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Rick
The ability to have a special "group image" added and removed when they subscribe and the subscription ends is in v8 already and we'll definitely be making more improvements as we can.

Great! I have a very active site and those kinds of improvements will mean a lot to me and my users!

E
journeyman
journeyman
E Offline
to touch on this for V8, I have a very active board and subscriptions are a big part of it, however having more options available for payment would be great, more options at the same time.

Right now we are looking outside UBB to manage our subscriptions because Pay Pal is just too limiting alone and having to do anything manually is just too time consuming, so having access to other payment sources beside Pay Pal would be great, maybe Authorize.net or something like that. I am currently looking at something like aMember to integrate with my Drupal pages, but the forum is much easier to work in.

Greater User control would definitely be a plus, as subscriptions are becoming very lucrative for us, and keeping it in the forum is just easier.

A bridge for something like Drupal/Wordpress/etc., would be good too so I can link accounts.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (ahmed047, Nightcrawler), 615 guests, and 132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29