Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
old hand
old hand
The good news is, a have a fair number of members using the subscription system. The bad news is, keeping track of them is a nightmare! When someone's subscription expires, they are sent a PM only (no email). As the admin, I am provided no notification. I have a lot of members who don't check in to read their PMs very often, so they are unaware of their status. Also, I like to add a custom title to their user status to others can see they are contributing members, but I have to do that manually also.

Has anyone figure out an easy way to track when subscriptions expire for better accounting?

Also, a related issues I've seen on occasion is, if a member has a subscription that is going to expire soon (say in 2 days) and they "re-subscribe" for another year, their permissions get set back to normal (non-subscribing user) when the initial subscriptions expire.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
We're looking into doing a 7.5.6 release to fix up a few lingering bugs. Maybe we can put in something so when a subscription expires it sends a PM to the admin as well.

Will need to look at the issue of the permissions getting set back to normal.

old hand
old hand
Rick, as long as you may be looking at this, might I suggest:

A way to search the subscription system for members who have expired subscriptions and NO current active subscriptions. If I search the subscription system in CP currently for members with expired subscriptions, it lists all subscriptions that have ever expired (I just printed 12 pages of these). But many of these members have re-subscribed, so the only way I can tell which members have expired subscriptions but have not re-subscribed at some later date, is if I print ALL the expired subs and then manually see which of them have not re-subscribed. So a way to do a search that will not just show all the expired, but show all the members with expired subs with NO currently active subscription.

And yes, the issue of a previous subscription killing a current "re-subscription" is a serious bug me thinks. The system give me no insight into when this occurs. I only know about it if a member PMs me to complain that they just resubscribed but suddenly they don't have the privileges they should have.

Thanks
Basil

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 875 guests, and 141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29