Thanks Rick and team. My members already love it, I went one step further and added the link to it with my avatar limits to the users edit profile page. This way if they have to resize their avatar it goes right to the site with dimensions all set
That's cool - How did you do that? Edit the language file? I posted the following in a FAQ section on our forum:Setting a Custom Avatar for your Profile
I received an email from someone who asked about how to upload a custom Avatar that displays on the left side of each post you make, and in your profile. The Avatars can be done either by uploading an image, or linking to one you already have stored somewhere on the internet. Uploaded Avatars are limited to 80x80 pixels. There is a link provided below that allows you to easily resize your image to that size.
To resize an Avatar to 80x80
- Go to the following website; http://cranno.com/
- In the box labeled Upload an image or zip archive click on the Browse button and click on your selected image getting ready top upload it
- In the box labeled Resize Options click on the Common Sizes dropdown and select 80x80 Avatar
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Convert Images
- Once the image conversion is complete click on the Download Images button and save the file to a location on your hard disk that you can find in the steps below
To set a custom Avatar, do the following:
- Click "My Stuff" on the top menu and a drop-down appears.
- Click "Edit Profile" and a screen with various settings appears.
- Scroll down to the bottom and check the button to Upload your Avatar, then click Browse and find the location where you saved the Avatar you want to upload
- Click the Submit button at the bottom
You should now have your custom Avatar stored