Hop To
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
You can discuss this announcement here.

addict
addict
Rick, I've used this for a couple of years now and not had any problems, but I'm really glad to see you offering this too. It's always good to have options.

http://www.truckersroad.com/fusionbb/showgallery.php?fid/84/#edit

Greg AKA Virgil Earp at the OK Corral
Tombstone, AZ
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Yeah, there are a variety of tools out there to do it, but not too many that will allow you to do them in bulk, or via zip. We'll eventually add more options to it, but not until after version 8 is out, since this isn't meant to eat up any of our development time. Just one of the things we want to make available to people.

D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Bookmarked.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Great job guys! I just tried it, and it seems easy enough to use. I let my members know about it.

Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
addict
addict
Wow, being able to do it in bulk would be an awesome capability. I'll have to take a look at that here real soon.

Tombstone, AZ
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Since you are promoting this as also as avatar resizer, I am really missing the avatar size as a default.

It would be great if a forum could link to the site, using a parameter with their default avatar size.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Good idea Yarp. My oldest son is learning about PHP programming, so that might be a good project for him to tackle.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I'm impressed. I told him what I wanted it to do last night, and he stayed up until about 3 in the morning figuring it out. Had a note on my desk from him when I woke up. Checked his code and all looks good.

There is an avatar size available in the section of 80x80. Also, you can link to the site with your avatar specs and it will fill in the custom size. So, if your avatar size is 100x100, you can link to it like this:

http://cranno.com?w=100&h=100

addict
addict
Awesome.

Tombstone, AZ
M
mig Offline
M Offline
What a gem! Thank you so much for making this available. It's very easy and I love that you can custom resize (proportionally) by specifying just one dimension.

I've been using IrfanView to painstakingly look after our member's avatar requests (crop, resize, upload) and it's exhausting me. crazy

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Glad you find it useful. My son will probably be working on that as he learns more about PHP. So probably will be some more features added to it as time goes by.

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
I'm impressed.

No, I'm impressed. The future of ubb.threads is in safe hands I see!

Thanks for the quick addition.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Thanks Rick and team. My members already love it, I went one step further and added the link to it with my avatar limits to the users edit profile page. This way if they have to resize their avatar it goes right to the site with dimensions all set wink

Last edited by gliderdad; 08/30/2010 8:05 PM.
whk Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted by gliderdad
Thanks Rick and team. My members already love it, I went one step further and added the link to it with my avatar limits to the users edit profile page. This way if they have to resize their avatar it goes right to the site with dimensions all set wink

That's cool - How did you do that? Edit the language file? I posted the following in a FAQ section on our forum:

Setting a Custom Avatar for your Profile
I received an email from someone who asked about how to upload a custom Avatar that displays on the left side of each post you make, and in your profile. The Avatars can be done either by uploading an image, or linking to one you already have stored somewhere on the internet. Uploaded Avatars are limited to 80x80 pixels. There is a link provided below that allows you to easily resize your image to that size.

To resize an Avatar to 80x80
  • Go to the following website; http://cranno.com/
  • In the box labeled Upload an image or zip archive click on the Browse button and click on your selected image getting ready top upload it
  • In the box labeled Resize Options click on the Common Sizes dropdown and select 80x80 Avatar
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Convert Images
  • Once the image conversion is complete click on the Download Images button and save the file to a location on your hard disk that you can find in the steps below
To set a custom Avatar, do the following:
  • Click "My Stuff" on the top menu and a drop-down appears.
  • Click "Edit Profile" and a screen with various settings appears.
  • Scroll down to the bottom and check the button to Upload your Avatar, then click Browse and find the location where you saved the Avatar you want to upload
  • Click the Submit button at the bottom
You should now have your custom Avatar stored

G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
languages/english/editbasic.php

Find on line 30
Code
$ubbt_lang['DIMENSIONS'] = "(Your image must be smaller than %%MAX_X%%x%%MAX_Y%% pixels; .gif, .jpg, .png accepted).";

change to

Code
$ubbt_lang['DIMENSIONS'] = "(Your image must be smaller than %%MAX_X%%x%%MAX_Y%% pixels; .gif, .jpg, .png accepted).
<br />
<br />
To resize your avatar to fit our avatar size, please click <a href='http://cranno.com/?w=80&h=80' target='_blank'>Here</a>
<br />";

My site avatar is 80X80 so you can change that in the url

whk Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks - I just made that change to the language file too.

G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
wink

whk Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Just cleaning up some avatars today and was wondering if it is possible to pass the url of the avatar to be resized, similar to the way the 80x80 parameter is passed. It would save a boat load of steps in the conversion process if this was possible.

Basically, I'd like to have the url passed for the existing avatar. For avatars that are web referenced, I end up pasting the url in the box that pops up on the browse dialog box.

D
D Offline
Cranno.com is offline. Godaddy says the domain expired 2/26/2011. Is it going to come back?

My members were using that site to resize images that they were going to upload to my UBB forum.

Hope the capability to resize will be built into File Manager upload functions on version 8. Then we won't have members who depend on a 3rd party to do what has to be done for posting pictures in topics.

addict
addict
I just checked and it's up and running.

Tombstone, AZ
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It missed the auto-renewal and we didn't get a notice on it. Paid up now.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29