Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Hi to All, I have just received this as a PM from one of our moderators at OutdoorKing, and I post it here in toto..... I cannot answer this one, and am hoping someone at UBB Threads may be able to help with an answer.
Kindest Regards,
Darryl

In the broken shaft thread, Deadly Dave has posted a whole lot of excellent pics telling how to replace the intermediate shaft in a Greenfield 12-32. It is probably a fairly common operation, whether to replace the shaft or the clutch plates - that shaft is the heart of the mower - and Greenfield do not seem to have a service manual or any other instructions for doing it. I'd like to see Dave's write-up available in Outdoorking archives for years to come, but because of the number of pictures and the size of the files, he had to just use Photobucket for quite a few of them. AFAIK, Photobucket pictures are dropped after a while, and this will mean that Dave's write-up will become useless in the archives. Is there a way to stabilise the pictures so they will always remain available?

Many thanks,
Kindest Regards,
Darryl
addict
addict
You could use another place to store the photos that is more permanent. That would mean that Deadly would have to get the photo's from where he has them uploaded and upload them to another source other than photobucket. I am sure that if the mods at outdoorking asked here there are many that would have answers to where to store the pictures for the site. One option would be for them to host directly in an image directory within the forums. But that would be their choice. Not necessarily a UBBthreads choice for their boards. The boards may have been provided by UBB MindRaven but they are not controlled by MindRaven or any other entity other than the owner of outdoorking.

smile Hope this helps answer your question.

Addict
Addict
I have a "Body of Knowledge" section for similar informational or instructive posts. We copy/paste the info in the original post into the BOK (giving full credit to the original poster, of course), and then copy the photos onto my server so they are hosted there. Then the post has to be edited to reflect the new addresses for the photos. We don't allow any direct posting or replies in the BOK, except by the moderators who cover the section. The "Body of Knowledge" has become VERY popular on our site.

Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
Thanks Guys, I will pass this information to Bruce, our forum administrator and see what solution we will use.
Thanks once again. grin

Many thanks,
Kindest Regards,
Darryl
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
if BW isn't a problem and now days it is less and less, then you could make it easier to upload / store photos in posts

that way they are always on your server

Linky Poo

to something i've done for about 10 ubb.threads customers now

works great smile

there is also an option to have the image uploader upload from URL and autosave on your board when peeps post..

an additional feature (not yet mentioned) is that the posts are tied to the USER_ID, which immediately gives users their own 'personal' gallery of sorts smile

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sirdude
if BW isn't a problem and now days it is less and less, then you could make it easier to upload / store photos in posts

that way they are always on your server

Linky Poo

to something i've done for about 10 ubb.threads customers now

works great smile

there is also an option to have the image uploader upload from URL and autosave on your board when peeps post..

an additional feature (not yet mentioned) is that the posts are tied to the USER_ID, which immediately gives users their own 'personal' gallery of sorts smile

Sirdude,

With this option are we able to edit old post from the past so we are able to store them on the our forum?

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
well, you would edit, then grab the url to the image that was in the post you were modifying, 'upload from url' for each image, so the uploader puts them on the forum and adds the _new_ img tags

so it's a yes/no thing..

yes, you can

no, just edit / save won't automatically do it. there is a little manual intervention required

smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29