Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
R Offline

We are a marriage site. One of the things we deal with is infidelity and/or divorce. A couple of other marriage sites use UBB as well.

One of the problems that these sites have had to deal with over the years is a spouse finding his/her mate and reading the material posted about an individual situation. You can imagine an out of their mind wayward spouse gaining information on how their betrayed spouse plans the divorce or expose the affair. Lots of problems.

We can protect those who need it by making a given board or thread invisible to guests. Once they log in, we can even continue until they reach some level of posts that gives them access.

What I think we need is the ability to reconcile IP addresses at the registration point. In other words, not just when they log in at the same time, but when someone attempts to register with an IP address that is already part of our member database.

This would also help us with those who want to have two identities for whatever reason and do not log in at the same time, if I understand how it works.

Larry
www.marriageadvocates.com

M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
sometimes no matter how, it's difficult to cover tracks...ahh it seems to be easier to be open

...just my tots.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (ahmed047, Nightcrawler, 1 invisible), 566 guests, and 148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29