Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#241770 02/17/2011 7:19 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
I think someone is after us. From my referrer log:

Quote
http://yandex.ru/yandsearch?text=%22powered+by+ubb.threads%22+community

Anyone else?

I just noticed that they hit twice, about eight hours apart.

Last edited by SteveS; 02/17/2011 7:21 PM.

Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
SteveS #241771 02/17/2011 7:27 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
prolly an automated scanner lookin for ubbthreads installs smile

SteveS #241772 02/17/2011 7:30 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Yup.... so they can target us. laugh

I look at at the referrer log almost every day, and I haven't seen that before.



Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
SteveS #241773 02/17/2011 7:41 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
you should have a look at the server logs for a more scary view of all the nasty peeps out there

that's why i have csf / lfd installed laugh

SteveS #241787 02/18/2011 7:01 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
I used to blanket ban Russia in the olde days wink

However these days, I have quite a few members with 'yandex' emails so I have to be careful who I allow in.

SteveS #241788 02/18/2011 7:11 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
I have legitimate members all over the world, including China, Eastern Europe, the former USSR region, etc. There is even one Iraqi. I wouldn't want to blanket ban any country now.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
SteveS #241799 02/19/2011 2:35 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
addict
addict
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
I would blanket ban Iraq... but then I got shot twice there tongue... I don't hold a grudge, but they can find another forum to talk on than mine. smile

Dunny


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)