Building Communities Since 1997
Features
Purchase
Docs
Community
Support
Member Area
Register
Log In
UBB.threads PHP Forum Software Community
Forums
Resources and Customizing
Admin Zone
Targeted?
Search
Advanced Forum Search
Portal
Forums
Calendar
Active Threads
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Targeted?
#
241770
02/17/2011
7:19 PM
Joined:
Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Massachusetts
SteveS
Addict
SteveS
Addict
Joined:
Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Massachusetts
I think someone is after us. From my referrer log:
Quote
http://yandex.ru/yandsearch?text=%22powered+by+ubb.threads%22+community
Anyone else?
I just noticed that they hit twice, about eight hours apart.
Last edited by SteveS;
02/17/2011
7:21 PM
.
Steve
UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
Copy Link to Clipboard
Share Post on Facebook
Share Post on X (Twitter)
Share Post on Reddit
Re: Targeted?
SteveS
#
241771
02/17/2011
7:27 PM
Joined:
Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SoCal, USA
SD
Former Developer
SD
Former Developer
Joined:
Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SoCal, USA
prolly an automated scanner lookin for ubbthreads installs
Copy Link to Clipboard
Share Post on Facebook
Share Post on X (Twitter)
Share Post on Reddit
Re: Targeted?
SteveS
#
241772
02/17/2011
7:30 PM
Joined:
Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Massachusetts
SteveS
Addict
SteveS
Addict
Joined:
Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Massachusetts
Yup.... so they can target us.
I look at at the referrer log almost every day, and I haven't seen that before.
Steve
UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
Copy Link to Clipboard
Share Post on Facebook
Share Post on X (Twitter)
Share Post on Reddit
Re: Targeted?
SteveS
#
241773
02/17/2011
7:41 PM
Joined:
Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SoCal, USA
SD
Former Developer
SD
Former Developer
Joined:
Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SoCal, USA
you should have a look at the server logs for a more scary view of all the nasty peeps out there
that's why i have csf / lfd installed
Copy Link to Clipboard
Share Post on Facebook
Share Post on X (Twitter)
Share Post on Reddit
Re: Targeted?
SteveS
#
241787
02/18/2011
7:01 PM
Joined:
Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
driv
Pooh-Bah
driv
Pooh-Bah
D
Joined:
Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
I used to blanket ban Russia in the olde days
However these days, I have quite a few members with 'yandex' emails so I have to be careful who I allow in.
Copy Link to Clipboard
Share Post on Facebook
Share Post on X (Twitter)
Share Post on Reddit
Re: Targeted?
SteveS
#
241788
02/18/2011
7:11 PM
Joined:
Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Massachusetts
SteveS
Addict
SteveS
Addict
Joined:
Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Massachusetts
I have legitimate members all over the world, including China, Eastern Europe, the former USSR region, etc. There is even one Iraqi. I wouldn't want to blanket ban any country now.
Steve
UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
Copy Link to Clipboard
Share Post on Facebook
Share Post on X (Twitter)
Share Post on Reddit
Re: Targeted?
SteveS
#
241799
02/19/2011
2:35 AM
Joined:
Jan 2008
Posts: 514
DE USA
Dunny
addict
Dunny
addict
Joined:
Jan 2008
Posts: 514
DE USA
I would blanket ban Iraq... but then I got shot twice there
... I don't hold a grudge, but they can find another forum to talk on than mine.
Dunny
Copy Link to Clipboard
Share Post on Facebook
Share Post on X (Twitter)
Share Post on Reddit
Print Thread
Switch to Threaded Mode
Show Likes
Link Copied to Clipboard
News and Releases
Announcements
Changelog Discussions
Release Notes/Changelogs
Pre-Sales Questions
UBB.threads
Version 7/8 Support
Installation and Upgrade Support
Importer Support
Bug Reports
Fixed Bugs
Non Bugs
Resources and Customizing
How Do I?
Tutorials and Guides
Admin Zone
Style Packs
Language Packs
General
Suggestions and Feedback
Community Spotlight
Success Stories
Off Topic
Testing Forums
Test Forum
Subforum 1
Subforum 2
Moderated Test Forum
Photo Gallery
UBB.threads 6
Version 6 Support
Version 6 Bug Reports
UBB.classic
UBB.classic 6 Support
UBB.classic 5 Support
[Archived] UBB.classic News
[Archived] UBB.classic Bugs
View Profile
Private Message
Follow User
Forum Posts
Like Summary
View Profile
Private Message
Website
Follow User
Forum Posts
Like Summary
View Profile
Private Message
Follow User
Forum Posts
Like Summary
View Profile
Private Message
Website
Follow User
Forum Posts
Like Summary
View Profile
Private Message
Follow User
Forum Posts
Like Summary
View Profile
Private Message
Follow User
Forum Posts
Like Summary
View Profile
Private Message
Follow User
Forum Posts
Like Summary
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Sending...
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Prevent anonymous users from browsing old threads?
by sw55 - 08/11/2026 4:06 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 100 robots.
Key:
Admin
,
Global Mod
,
Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Default Style
UBBT70
UBBT70 - Dark
UBBT70 - Light
UBBT75
UBBT75 - Crimson
UBBT75 - Lime
UBBT75 - Marshmallow
UBBT75 - Mocha
UBBT75 - Zen
UBBT76
UBBT76 - Burgundy
UBBT76 - Cobalt
UBBT76 - Open Ink
UBBT76 - Open Mint
UBBT76 - Pine
UBBT77
UBBT77 - Dark
UBBT80
Forum Rules
·
Mark All Read
Contact Us
·
Forum Help
·
UBBCentral
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)