Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#242809 04/24/2011 12:19 AM
S
S Offline
...the way that I want it. I'm looking to add a ton of stuff. I would love to hear some recommendations on where to go next with my ideas. Here is a list of things I want to do:

1. Add an image gallery - bluehost has some good options such as coppermine and gallery etc. (thanks to Ruben for pointing this out) I just need to learn how to add a link to the navbar. I hope that the user can still stay logged in while they move over to the galleries and I hope that these the forum and gallery services work together with the same log-in.

2. Add some advertisements whether they are Google adsense or local ads is still to be determined. Some site stats might be good where I can tell the companies how many clicks there banners got. Is it best to create islands or portals for these? I'm still 100% noob in this area.

3. Maybe add a CSS template. I like my site now but I think it could be better. Any recommendations for CSS templates that look good with 7.5.6? I hate generic templates but maybe I could modify one. I'm good with html but so far learning CSS has just been a big pain in the ass. Is Wordpress ihe way to go?

4. Submit to Google and other search sites so that my site gets picked up in searches. What is the best route for this?

5. Add a good header with an ad banner space at the top. This is a good example of what I want to do: (logo left ad right)

[Linked Image from anony.ws]

6. Any other down the line recommendations that you have encountered setting up your site that you can think of would be appreciated smile
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-04-23 at 9.08.23 PM.png

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'm not sure that coppermine or gallery have a threads integration available; they at least didn't when I looked some time ago...

It's easy to add a link to the ubb header, it's in the header.tpl file, just look for the string "profile" and it should be in there around that instance.

I use custom islands for everything, you can see an example at a client site here all done using custom islands and CSS (modding files to use the custom islands though).

Well, there are some styles here at UBBCentral and several people have some on their sites (I have a list of paid styles at my homepage in my signature).

To submit items to google you could create a sitemap and feed links to google, yahoo, and bing; I have a paid mod (again at my homepage) called UBB.Sitemaps that does this automatically.

That header doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult to make, it'd likely take some time however to get everything to look right...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
i'd recommend wordpress, since they are so versatile and you can add a lot of benefit from it as a portal, then take it's template and slap it around your threads to make them similar

2c

S
S Offline
Does anybody have any image gallery examples?

S
S Offline
And can you post the islands off the side of the forums even past the nav bar? I want mine to sit outside of my forums and not indent into it and make it smaller. I have a forum CSS container and I want the ads to sit outside of that. Can you post islands in the header banner style?

enthusiast
enthusiast
We use Photopost for our gallery. It has use the UBB user database and can be used for a random gallery island. Check ours out here http://www.firstgenmc.com/photopost/ The main site is in my sig. If you need any help integrating it let me know.

Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 767 guests, and 208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29