Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
M Offline
Are there any plans for UBB to allow new users to instead use their twitter/facebook logins rather than having to register as a new user. As time goes on we find more and more people a loathe to sign-up with yet another set of details to remember. The forum I run has a lot of more potential if I can allow Twitter uses to login with their Twitter details instead.

Neil
Saints247.com - http://www.saints247.com

-- using version 7.5.7
enthusiast
enthusiast
I've already implemented it in Java.

But it needs some customization, because ubb doesn't have APIs. (It seems v8 will have api , but maybe that's php-based , pity. Appeal again , we need HTTP-based APIs/Hooks)

Now , half of my new users are registered/imported and login through a "Facebook Login" button .

If someday ubb opens http-based API , I'd be glad to apply it and open it ... before I lose patience...

UBB evolves too slow ...
Attachments
39e101a210404b44b6fe34a.png

English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.
Addict
Addict
That would not interest me at all. I want some control over who registers and posts. If they want to participate on my site, they'll register. laugh

Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Originally Posted by SteveS
That would not interest me at all. I want some control over who registers and posts. If they want to participate on my site, they'll register. laugh
echo that!
Yee Gods - having any member of facebook/twitter post what they want?
No thanks.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I think it equates more to if you have a FB you can register through that, and login with that... I'm in the process of working with a client to do this through Gigya (which charges way too much imho)

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by driv
Originally Posted by SteveS
echo that!
Yee Gods - having any member of facebook/twitter post what they want?
No thanks.

Of course not !
You can still control the register process.
Moderating all new registering request , or let them pass by default . That's configurable. (even judge by IP range)

And , you still get their email . In fact , they are truly a member in the forum , just their data (name/email/...) are 'imported' from facebook. (Because FB has already 'identified' their emails)

So that they don't need to remember another password (in this forum). They just need to click a 'facebook login' button to login.

I think most people now login FB much more than a ubb forum.

English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Hello,

what's the status on facebook login on ubb.threads today? i see the last post regarding this was in 2011.
I would like to have the option.

thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29