Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#245028 08/19/2011 5:39 PM
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
1. A more customizable front page portal - allowing individual threads to be placed on the front page, regardless of what forum category they are in (without including the entire forum).
2. For a more "Facebook" approach to participation. I get an annoying email from Facebook EACH time I post (or someone replies to me). This is a great way to build up forum participation, regardless of how I feel about them. tongue Having said that, obviously, this is something that forum members can customize to their comfort levels.
3. Members should be able to upload files to both forums and galleries (like in older UBB 6.5). The idea that you need to create a new gallery forum to upload images is just silly to me.
4. Bolder Facebook/Twitter/Google Plus customization buttons to make them more 'in the mind' when posting.
5. Passwords, particularly in this day and age, should be allowed to be longer than 20 characters.

More to come...

Thanks
James

N
Naz Offline
N Offline
thumbs up cool

Naz.
[The world is big enough for everyone - so be HAPPY smile ]
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by NWPphotoForum
1. A more customizable front page portal - allowing individual threads to be placed on the front page, regardless of what forum category they are in (without including the entire forum).
2. For a more "Facebook" approach to participation. I get an annoying email from Facebook EACH time I post (or someone replies to me). This is a great way to build up forum participation, regardless of how I feel about them. tongue Having said that, obviously, this is something that forum members can customize to their comfort levels.
3. Members should be able to upload files to both forums and galleries (like in older UBB 6.5). The idea that you need to create a new gallery forum to upload images is just silly to me.
4. Bolder Facebook/Twitter/Google Plus customization buttons to make them more 'in the mind' when posting.
5. Passwords, particularly in this day and age, should be allowed to be longer than 20 characters.

More to come...

Thanks
James

I agree 100%

Love to hate, hate to love.
Cowards taste of death many times, heroes taste of death but once. ~William Shakespeare
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
As I don't want them to get buried in my wishlist thread, I've split this off into its own baby topic tongue...

#1: I'd love to see some work done on the Portal, I just think it can be so much more...

#2: Well, you can do that if you add everything to your watched lists... A lot of host impose email limits per day, such a feature would hit that lol.

#3: People can upload files to any forum that allows attachments; the whole idea behind the gallery was supposed to mimic other gallery software options, I think we really failed to do this in the past and I'd LOVE to see the gallery worked on in the future...

#4: I really HATE the current implementation of the social sharing options, this area really needs some love in the future.

#5: Agreed, especially since we MD5 the passwords, they're always the same length in the DB...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #245119 08/21/2011 10:07 PM
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Thank you for doing this. I am honored. I did not want to clutter up the forum with lots of new but similar threads.

On a separate note, are we sure that the number of page views is accurate? Sometimes I have tons of people on the site reviewing an article and the actual page views seems way off.

James

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, as you can choose how many topics you want per page, page views will be different for different users...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
password length won't change, since 20 really is enough.

to make it completely impossible to guess, just have your login name different from your display name. i _NEVER_ allow a username of 'admin' or 'administrator' either. those are the 1st usernames a hacker will probably try.

anyone hacking will never get the username ( login name ) right, so the password threshold will never be met.

also, if you generate a strong password ( many generators out there ) you will never be compromised.

i also use a password manager to save all these unguessable things in a nice lockbox.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 1,018 guests, and 215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29