Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 15
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 15
Hey guys

I was just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with being consistantly logged out.

Say you log in. When you click on a thread, you get logged out. After a few times of logging in you stay in for a while but then you click a link and poof...logged out again.

Is there a work around for this or code I need to replace?

Thanks

Walt

Last edited by Flanuva; 02/09/2012 8:05 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
It could be a bad cookie, delete it in your browser not via the forum. If you are using Internet explorer 8 and up there is an issue. I believe SD said it will be addressed with the next version, I don't remember off the top of my head

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Do your forums have a lot of ad's or does your site set a lot of cookies? Usually when I hear issues like this it's because a lot of cookies have been set and the login cookie gets deleted to make room.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 15
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 15
We dont set alot of cookies but we do have over 40 ads rotating through via AdPeeps. That being said, no more than 2 ads are ever showing at the same time.

Also from what I understand is isnt confined to one comp. Say user X goes over to user Y's house and tried to log on. User Y doesnt have a problem loggin on, but user X still has issues.

I just didnt know if there were certain things that can be done for people havng this issue or what caused it.

gliderdad, I am using IE8 and dont have an issue, but a few people that do have issues are also using IE8. hmmm

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 5
stranger
stranger
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 5
I had an issue similar to this when I was playing with multiple installations on the same server.

The issue went away when I changed the cookie path.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)