Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Hey guys

I was just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with being consistantly logged out.

Say you log in. When you click on a thread, you get logged out. After a few times of logging in you stay in for a while but then you click a link and poof...logged out again.

Is there a work around for this or code I need to replace?

Thanks

Walt

Last edited by Flanuva; 02/09/2012 8:05 PM.
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
It could be a bad cookie, delete it in your browser not via the forum. If you are using Internet explorer 8 and up there is an issue. I believe SD said it will be addressed with the next version, I don't remember off the top of my head

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Do your forums have a lot of ad's or does your site set a lot of cookies? Usually when I hear issues like this it's because a lot of cookies have been set and the login cookie gets deleted to make room.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
We dont set alot of cookies but we do have over 40 ads rotating through via AdPeeps. That being said, no more than 2 ads are ever showing at the same time.

Also from what I understand is isnt confined to one comp. Say user X goes over to user Y's house and tried to log on. User Y doesnt have a problem loggin on, but user X still has issues.

I just didnt know if there were certain things that can be done for people havng this issue or what caused it.

gliderdad, I am using IE8 and dont have an issue, but a few people that do have issues are also using IE8. hmmm

stranger
stranger
I had an issue similar to this when I was playing with multiple installations on the same server.

The issue went away when I changed the cookie path.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 694 guests, and 214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29