Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#250788 11/03/2012 5:56 PM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
When I try to edit a post I get the following error. I can't figure out which folder needs what permission set. What do I need to do to enable editing posts within the allowed timeframe that I have set in control panel?

-----------------------------------------------

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forums/ubbthreads.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I can only refer you to:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/doc_install.php
For settings at this point

I assume you have used this for a while and maybe something changed?

Since we don't know what version you have or what login level you used to access the post.

More details are needed!


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
What's the chmod on the file? Set it to 644


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
I have version 7.5.6p2 installed. The file mentioned in the error, forums/ubbthreads.php is already set to 0644.

What else can I do to debug the issue? Someone told me to apply an update, but according to the downloads page I already have the newest version.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for responding so quickly thus far.

Thanks,
Tigger

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
what's the chmods on the directory holding your forum files? It should be 755


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
I just double checked the directory and file permissions. They are all set as the installation documents states.

I also found out that I can edit a post when logged in as the administrator but not when logged in as a regular user.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by TiggerAndBug
I just double checked the directory and file permissions. They are all set as the installation documents states.

I also found out that I can edit a post when logged in as the administrator but not when logged in as a regular user.
Then you need to check the permission of the user group in the ubb control panel.

Control Panel » Group Management » Forum Permissions
Double check the:
Edit post time limit
This is a setting in minutes and specifies how long a post can be edited after it was initially created.

You will net to set the value to each forum by each group.

But the previous post suggests you may still have a chmod permission issue.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)