Can anyone help me fix a mistake that I've made. I'm new to PHP/MySQL having just upgraded my Classic to Threads.

Several weeks back, a user on my board wondered why we weren't using UFT-8. And since I did too, I found a post here that explained to make the change in the charset in the generic.php language file. Stupidly thinking I'd change the weird characters in the old posts as I encountered them.

About a week later on Saturday morning around 4:45am Pacific (my time), everyone starting seeing this error (or something similar) when they tried to open a forum or topic -

Code
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

Script: /home1/legionwo/public_html/forums/scripts/showflat.inc.php
Line#: 200
SQL Error: Table './[my database]/ubbt_POSTS' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
SQL Error #: 144
Query: SELECT t.TOPIC_REPLIES, t.TOPIC_VIEWS, t.TOPIC_LAST_REPLY_TIME, t.TOPIC_SUBJECT, t.TOPIC_TOTAL_RATES, t.TOPIC_RATING, t.TOPIC_STATUS, t.TOPIC_IS_STICKY, t.USER_ID, t.POST_ID, t.FORUM_ID, t.TOPIC_ID FROM ubbt_TOPICS as t, ubbt_POSTS as p WHERE p.POST_ID = 764793 AND p.TOPIC_ID = t.TOPIC_ID

Please click back to return to the previous page. 

I opened up phpMyAdmin and went to repair the ubbt_POSTS table (shown as "in use") and it wouldn't take until I remembered what I had changed (the charset) and put it back to normal. Once changed, it repaired fine.

Now, my problem is that the error happens every single Saturday morning since. I can log in and repair it each time, but I like to sleep in on Saturdays. I work hard every week. I want this to stop.

Please help! How do I fix this?