old hand
old hand
HOWEVER windows 8 did arrive.

http://clubadventist.com/forums

No longer following the carrot
JPG Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
I am starting to hear that quote in my head when I make my once a month visit to see if there is any progress.

"What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

JPG Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
I just got off the phone with SirDude. My confidence in UBB has been fully restored. I think the owner would gain a lot of PR and sales value if he would jump in here once a month at least and say hello, but that is neither here nor there.

Guess I'll be sticking around for another 10 or 12 years. Do I get a medal when I hit the 25 year mark?

J.P. Greeson
Satisfied UBB customer since 2000.

Addict
Addict
What was said that restored your confidence?
Originally Posted by JPG
I just got off the phone with SirDude. My confidence in UBB has been fully restored. I think the owner would gain a lot of PR and sales value if he would jump in here once a month at least and say hello, but that is neither here nor there.

Guess I'll be sticking around for another 10 or 12 years. Do I get a medal when I hit the 25 year mark?

J.P. Greeson
Satisfied UBB customer since 2000.

JPG Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
I feel like they are going to stick with it and that's really all I needed to know. One or two upgrades a year and I am happy. Hopefully something Tapatalk not too far down the road, but really, our forums don't look too bad on iPhone and look great in iPad.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted by Ruben
Well I think that it has been stated already that the mobile theme would not even make it till after v7.6 and it would probably be tapatalk.

I use the Forum Runner app for several sites I participate in, a hook into that would be nice.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
old hand
old hand
is there ANY UPDATE or hope for development, or release of what just needs to have an installer?

I can tell you when the last update was 09/24/11 08:22 AM that's what my control panel tells me.

But the next update ive no idea.

Any Updates please ?

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Addict
Addict
What really bothers me is that nobody is even taking the time to respond to these posts.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Daryl Fawcett
What really bothers me is that nobody is even taking the time to respond to these posts.
Evidently, they see no need to respond since we are nothing but a small segment of the customer base and thus of no consequence. Any noise that is made here falls on deaf ears beyond us peons.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
Sysop
Sysop
The next update will address a much needed mobile theme, SEO tweaks, additional spam deterrents as well as some bug fixes.

thanks!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thanks for finally communicating to us who are more than anxious to learn what is going on with UBBThreads. However, not knowing that "SEO tweaks" is referring to, what I see as missing is all the lauded front end improvements and additions which have been posted here many months ago and which most of us here have expected long before now since the last report we got was that all was finished except for the "Installer".

Dangling carrots lose their appeal after awhile and certainly don't equal a full meal.

Can you give us a tentative timeline for the mentioned update, e.g., 1 month, 2 months, etc., barring any problems, which are certainly understandable?

Thanks!

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
6 more months and nothing.

-Tim
Periodic updates are appreciated! Many of us are just hanging in limbo. We are loyal but understandably skeptical.

JetStar
www.the-kgb.com
The Knights of Glory and Beer
Established 1997
Z
stranger
stranger
Z Offline
Mobile friendly (iphone/android/WP7) templates based on user-agent would be nice or at least TapaTalk compatible. Also mentioned, Ajax. And more version numbers. We always want more version numbers whistle

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by UBBSystems
The next update will address a much needed mobile theme, SEO tweaks, additional spam deterrents as well as some bug fixes.

thanks!

Any update on a date for the next release? Thanks.

Wow This Discussion began Aug 14 2011

https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/253918/Re_New_UBB_site_layout#Post253918

release due out to fix 5.4 tomorrow.... working on the drop downs now...

Feature List : Like to see.
Bugs Fixed Like to see.

smile

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
old hand
old hand
nice new logo...

Stan you have made my day ?
And i mean the following in good humour.

For ever and a day you have been under pressure from the powers to be when is the next update?
You asked and seen deadlines come and go. With a comment of a new release imminent (Next 24hrs).
You release all your pressure and worries and stress with the following comment.

Originally Posted by Stan
nice new logo...

Its only because i know your history and frustrations its funny.
All in good taste.

I would also like to add Nice New Avatar Ubb Systems.

Happy Days.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
old hand
old hand
THANKS MARK!

I had a great party of celebration for the 5th Year Anniversary of the announcement of the next version.

HOWEVER turns out I was the only one left to celebrate that magnificent historical event.

The Ghost of users past, may have removed that post celebrating this.

Sysop
Sysop
7.58 due out next week as there were some additional issues to make it work with PHP 5.5.

7.6 will have the new mobile theme, December.

old hand
old hand
great!!!

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Brooks, are we still planning on trying to get something working with Tapatalk? I think this is a much needed feature since even the freebies offer it at this point...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
addict
addict
After a quick look through, all I'm really seeing is a bunch of fluff. A new theme is about all. Not impressed.

Greg AKA Virgil Earp at the OK Corral
Tombstone, AZ
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Brooks, are we still planning on trying to get something working with Tapatalk? I think this is a much needed feature since even the freebies offer it at this point...

I Agree with you on that one ! smile

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by GregK
After a quick look through, all I'm really seeing is a bunch of fluff. A new theme is about all. Not impressed.
I'd love to see some sort of public changelog, something we could sink our teeth into while we wait...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Sysop
Sysop

we are going with a responsive mobile CSS using twitter bootstrap...

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'm sad to hear that's the route we're going; IMHO Tapatalk would have been a better alternative by way of allowing sites to be integrated into mobile devices by ultimately making their site an app on a users phone/tablet through the Tapatalk program.

twitter bootstrap ?
I've not heard of that one, ive just Googled it and it doesn't give too much away.

Am i correct in thinking if it was tapatalk the configuring is on the phone.
And with Bootstrap its all in the CSS which ultimately falls to us to configure and tweak.

How will Stan cope ?

http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/

Can you not make it both if there are equal arguments for both types Boostrap & TapaTalk ?

The Update : TapaTalk Update

"As soon as 7.6 is out, we will be developing the Tapatalk mobile interface which should not take long at all."

Last edited by Mark S; 11/04/2013 4:44 AM.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
I researched this myself a small bit.

It used to be called Twitter blueprint.
Developed by Twitter

From what I can tell tapatalk was developed only for mobile themes.

Where bootstrap is more of a web site/apps deployment framework.
Meaning it is a glorified style editor which can be used to deploy mobile themes as well as normal ones, and other apps.

Now which is more time intensive to deploy???

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Originally Posted by Mark S
twitter bootstrap ?
I've not heard of that one, ive just Googled it and it doesn't give too much away.

I think of it as a glorified 960gs - if you remember that.

Bootstrap and its variations are everywhere now, esp. if you are a Joomla user.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
From 7/10/2013:
From 11/03/2013:
7.58 due out next week as there were some additional issues to make it work with PHP 5.5.
7.6 will have the new mobile theme, December.
I'm curious. When you wrote, "next week," did you mean the "week of Nov 03-09, 2013" or "week of Nov 10-16, 2013" ?

And also, when you wrote, "next update," did you mean the "next update of 7.58" or "next next update of 7.6" ?

---

From 08/02/2011 @ https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/244747
and https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/244912
and https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/246581
We are excited to announce that we are moving forward with UBB.threads and are planning to release version 7.6 in the next 6-8 weeks.
As expected, I am excited and look forward to updates (any updates), but at the same time, I am a confused as to why things are announced without any follow-through or even just a simple revised announcement when things will be delayed.

Communication is key. It's simple to do. Even if its just adding strike-through to a previous announcement and a small blurb of updated text following it... Just something, anything, to let current and potential license buyers know that the ubb.threads PHP software should still be considered when choosing what forum software to run.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
journeyman
journeyman
Will 7.6 or 8.0 include any API features say for checking for changes if I use my forum for modification releases and have a license system an API could allow me to let those using my mods see the latest release without loading my site.

Love to hate, hate to love.
Cowards taste of death many times, heroes taste of death but once. ~William Shakespeare
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
we are going with a responsive mobile CSS using twitter bootstrap...

That's a pretty big let down right there. Tapatalk is the de facto standard on droid devices. Guess which mobile platform has the biggest market share right now. Droid.

-Tim
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Cuervo
That's a pretty big let down right there. Tapatalk is the de facto standard on droid devices. Guess which mobile platform has the biggest market share right now. Droid.

Droid, as in Verizon Wireless? "Droid" is a brand name used by Verizon to describe their brand of Google Android-based cell phones.
Tapatalk works on devices other than Verizon Wireless branded Android-based devices.

Reasons why TapaTalk is not the best path to choose:
You may think that Tapatalk my be a defacto standard, but for an owner who has come to depend on income from his forums; Tapatalk provides no website monetization abilities such as AdSense, VibrantMedia, DoubleClick...etc.

If you have a forum that gets a lot of organic referrals, pushing a third-party app ("This forum has an app for Android/iOS. Click OK to learn more about Tapatalk") in to the user's face before they know anything about your site, makes for an incredibly bad first impression. It ranks right up there with the, "Please take a survey to improve our site" and the, "Hello, my name is AMERICAN-NAME, how can I help you today?" pop-ups that you get at support sites within three seconds of loading their first page.

UBBSystems has the right idea here. Follow current web standards and create a responsive mobile website. One that you will have complete control over it's look, feel, and up-time. It's beyond me as to why anyone would rely on a single unknown third-party developer to build a stable and fully functional app that you have zero control over is release schedule or functionality. If they release a buggy app version and don't fix it for a few days/months, there is nothing you can do except tell your users to wait for a fix... and who knows when that fix will arrive? On iOS, users cannot roll back to a previous version. On Android, it's not imposable, but not simple for non-techie users. That's like putting your eggs in someone else's basket.

And what about users of FirefoxMobile or WinPhone7/8 or Ubuntu Mobile OS or other small screen OS's? They'll get left out and probably will instead browse your competitor's website because it provides a better user experience for them -- probably one that utilizes a responsive design smile

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I'm talking from a user perspective and most users don't really care if you are making money from your website.

I guess I should have said android based phones.

-Tim
old hand
old hand
OK, please, a few words of updated material would go over well right now.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Personally, I use Tapatalk Pro on my phone and tablet and would still (as both a developer and a multiple site owner (8 licenses)) like to see a Tapatalk interface at some point :/.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
I used to think that tapatalk was the way forward, however having a responsive layout for both desktop, tablets and mobiles in the way forward without a doubt.

On some of my sites, I am now designing a responsive layout - much easier when you can fully control things.

I do not really want a third party site having control of my site.

old hand
old hand
The folks who wrote the song, Silence is Golden, were wrong.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29