Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
On this site we usually move spam posts to a hidden forum. Including posts waiting to be approved.
Currently there are a few posts waiting on approval.
From the control panel I selected one and viewed it.
Consider it spam and attempted to move it to the Boneyard using the edit button on the post.
I get a error message:
Quote
You cannot move a branch of a topic that has unapproved posts in it.

I did attempt to delete one other one using the manage topic tab and that was successful


I also assume if I had approved the post I could have moved it afterwards.
But is that not backwards.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
dunno.. nothing changed from 7.5.7, so it is like that before, i think

2c

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Well the three posts are gone now so no way to test again.
Since I don't have access to the admin logs I can only guess how they got deleted.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
it's not something i'll lose sleep over smile

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay you are correct.
It is the move function that is a "issue" only.
Confirmed it is that way In 7.5.6 and 7.5.7.
I think I was dreaming about the suggested enhancement to the issue with approving UA posts where you had to go back and forth to approve them, from a long time ago.

So this is not a broken item due to 7.5.8, but is a needed enhancement(Someday).


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 563 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)