Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#257260 09/09/2015 6:24 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 51
K
Journeyman
Journeyman
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 51
I can type text into a new post, preview it, save it, and it displays correctly.

I can do a cut and paste from a document into a new post, preview it (looks fine) and save it with no errors.

But, the text will not display in the save post.

However, if I attach files, the files are displayed.

??????

BTW, this is 7.5.7


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Curiosity, what versions of PHP and MySQL are you using?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 51
K
Journeyman
Journeyman
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 51
MySql 5.0.95

Php 5.0.43


Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 51
K
Journeyman
Journeyman
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 51
Actually that should be php 5.4.43

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Probing questions;
Are you the only user experiencing the issue? (seeing if anyone else can produce the error)
Are you copying from a word document? (potential character issue with nonstandard characters such as the backwards apostrophe character)
Does the post go to the database? (does it do what it's supposed to do, just providing you a blank screen in the process)

Last edited by Gizmo; 09/09/2015 10:39 PM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 51
K
Journeyman
Journeyman
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 51
I set the forum up a couple of years ago as an information display area. It has been dormant until I found a need. There are no other users until I get it populated. So, don't know if it is singular issue.

I am aware of nonstandard character issues as I have encountered that in Joomla. The block of text I was copying was out of a Word doc. I converted it to PDF, same result. I moved it to plain text file, same result.

I changed font to Helvetica as I have no issues with that font in other apps.

Don't know if the post goes to the database. Manipulating MySQL is not in my skill set.

The cut&spate does work with my 7.5.9 forum install.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, if it works with 7.5.9 it's an error that was fixed in that build (copying from a word document), you should upgrade.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 51
K
Journeyman
Journeyman
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks. The upgrade was planned but wanted to confirm there wasn't some other issue first...


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)