Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
No, you've got it right, it's in CP Permissions

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
journeyman
journeyman
The mod and global mod permissions appear to be set correctly. They can view the Queue and can do everything in there up until they hit the Submit Button. Then:

Control panel message

You must have the proper permission to access this area.

» Return

It appears that there needs to be another permissions setting in CP permissions or the Mod/Gmods need to have that permission granted in the code somewhere. That is way beyond my capabilities though I do have a PHP editor now crazy

Last edited by dbremer; 03/26/2016 10:50 AM. Reason: Added a thought

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The processing script probably has a check in it as well, I'll check sometime afternoon.

As for an editor, I use EditPlus.

Last edited by Gizmo; 03/26/2016 3:19 PM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Do you still have this bit installed?
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Ok, this is completely untested, in /admin/doapproveusers.php find:
Code
define('MODERATORS',0);

And change it to:
Code
define('MODERATORS',1);

journeyman
journeyman
I am pretty sure that modification is still there. I'll check tomorrow. Company here today for Easter.

Bremer Pond Weather
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
No rush; the doapproveusers.php bit is the processing script of the registration queue, so it'd make sense if users got the error if it wasn't up.

Enjoy your Easter! smile

journeyman
journeyman
doapproveusers.php has moderators set to "1" so there must be another permission limitation elsewhere.

Hope you enjoyed your Easter as well!!

Bremer Pond Weather
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The user who's testing, are they a Moderator or a Global Moderator? I'm wondering if theres a tick missing for GM vs M; if you could have a standard moderator test it to see if they might be able to get it through (otherwise, there isn't an additional perm that I'm aware of).

journeyman
journeyman
I have a moderator login that I use for testing and it produces the permissions error. All of the real moderators are setup as GlobalModerator and they are getting the same error. Perhaps the "1" is set back to "0" in another permissions check hidden in the code somewhere?

Bremer Pond Weather
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'm really not sure; I don't see any additional checks in either the script (admin/membermanage.php, admin/doapproveusers.php) files or the template (template/default/admin/membermanage.tmpl). I did a grep of the define line and it only exists in doapproveusers.php and domodpermissions.php.

journeyman
journeyman
domodpermissions.php ? Was I supposed to touch that file?

Bremer Pond Weather
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by dbremer
domodpermissions.php ? Was I supposed to touch that file?
No, this is simply the only other file that has a tick formulated like the one in the file we're touching.

journeyman
journeyman
We are stuck, then?

Bremer Pond Weather
Thinking of stuck could it be a cookie issue on the user side.
Meaning expire cookies and login again.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'd have the user try to log out, then back in and attempt (could be an issue with a value set in their cookie that isn't updated since they're already logged in); other than that, unless code can be adapted and the permission issue located, things can't go any further.

journeyman
journeyman
Clearing cookies was a no go.

View/Edit Members works to perfection. It is only the Registration queue that returns the error.

Does it work on your gardening site? I did sign up there, by the way. I am into gardening too.

Bremer Pond Weather
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I was just using the garden site to build the modification; we have 3 staff members (including myself) and we're all three admin's, so you where the test bed (since you had multiple moderators who could test).

I inherited the site from the former owner of The Garden Helper when he sold their site, I got the community (which was already running on this domain); I need to find people to help submit content, or at very least, troll the forums for content and help add it to the main site, lol.

journeyman
journeyman
You could make me a temp mod or global mod on there for testing. Of course, you don't know really who the heck I am.......

Bremer Pond Weather
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
We don't have a registration queue enabled, once a user verifies their email then their account, it is created; we rely on Stop Forum Spam only, for spam prevention (heck, it's where the SFS mod was written and tested, it replaced the need for a full admin staff of 8+ users; now we have two staffers other than myself, and they ultimately just work on community development [making new conversations], whereas before they where corralling spammers).

journeyman
journeyman
We are still having a lot of spam activity that stopforumspam doesn't intercept. It averages about a dozen per day and all are from verified email addresses that make it through CAPTCHA. That is why the mods in the reg que would be a benefit. We also have them answer questions where they show their colors as spammers.

Bremer Pond Weather
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
SFS and the Captcha block against automated attacks (bots) and users who've been flagged as spammers (in the case of SFS); a human, however, has the intelligence to be able to find a proxy or the ability to clearly read a captcha and process a registration.

v7.6.0 will attempt to read the data sent with a proxy, including the "forwarded for" variable, which would read out the IP address of an open proxy request; thus showing their actual IP. And at a future point I'll be looking at additional services and captcha options.

I would love to get this "just working" for you, but there is no clear "heres the check" notation for opening it for you since this bit:
Ok, this is completely untested, in /admin/doapproveusers.php find:
Code
define('MODERATORS',0);

And change it to:
Code
define('MODERATORS',1);

Nothing else in the processing bits (/admin/doapproveusers.php) or the display bits (admin/membermanage.php) display a visible check that one could just remove.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29