Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#258361 05/01/2016 8:05 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
When I try to add a picture (using GD2) to a gallery post, I get:

Code
Fatal error: Call to undefined function resize_image_() in /home/mysite/public_html/libs/image.inc.php on line 39

DISREGARD: I found the solution the second time I did a search. blush Just had to CP >> Gallery Settings and submit the page so a default image Graphics Library would be defined.

Last edited by Basil; 05/01/2016 8:14 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
There are several threads on it, but just to rehash, go into the control panel, then gallery settings, and just submit the page. you may be assuming it's using GD, but the config file says that it's not using GD or IM.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,032
Likes: 176
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,032
Likes: 176
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...defined-function-resize-image#Post218328

Originally Posted by Rick
Just go into the gallery section of the control panel, verify the settings, and submit that page. Until you choose and submit the gallery settings page it doesn't know what image library it should be using. That will also tell you if gd2 is available.

If its not this, there are three things to confirm:

1) Can GD2 be located?
Control Panel > PHP Info
Scroll down to the GD section, and check if its enabled. And if you are running GD 2.3, check in that same section, that you are running a GD 2.1 compatible version of GD 2.3. If you're running a windows server, you may have to manually install it yourself.

2) Check that you are allowing the proper file extension, ".gif,.jpg,.txt,.zip,.png" Separated with a comma. No spaces.
Control Panel > Feature Settings > Attachments

3) In the same place as the last one, this probably isnt the case, but check if your directories are correct and writable.
Control Panel > Feature Settings > Attachments

I believe the UBB.threads temporary directory for all image processing is located at {$config['FULL_PATH']}/tmp/ (hardcoded/cannot be changed). Through FTP, check that the correct permissions are set.


current developer of UBB.threads php forum software
current release: UBB.threads 8.0.1 // wip: UBB.threads 8.1.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by Gizmo
There are several threads on it, but just to rehash, go into the control panel, then gallery settings, and just submit the page. you may be assuming it's using GD, but the config file says that it's not using GD or IM.


Sorry, guess you didn't see my DISREGARD note I added to my post.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Didn't see it, I typed up the post and was looking for something in the CP and submitted the post after you updated yours tongue.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,032
Likes: 176
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,032
Likes: 176
Basil, thanks for the bug report.

As you've found out, you needed to "submit" the Gallery Settings page before you could take advantage of any libraries for things like Gallery Forums and Captchas. This was due to a missing default configuration setting.

For UBB.threads 7.6.0, I've added "gd" as the default graphics library setting for new installations. Although most (not all) web host server setups include the GD graphics library, this should correct the "missing library" error for the majority on installations.

Again, thanks!


current developer of UBB.threads php forum software
current release: UBB.threads 8.0.1 // wip: UBB.threads 8.1.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
AS long as we're on the topic of graphics libraries. What's the difference between GD and Imagick? ANy advantage of one over the other?

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,032
Likes: 176
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,032
Likes: 176
Originally Posted by Basil
AS long as we're on the topic of graphics libraries. What's the difference between GD and Imagick? ANy advantage of one over the other?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=GD+vs+Imagemagick


current developer of UBB.threads php forum software
current release: UBB.threads 8.0.1 // wip: UBB.threads 8.1.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I'd only recommend GD if your host doesn't support Image Magick, and they won't install it on the machine. IM has far better image quality results.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)