Print Thread
Hop To
#257890 12/26/2015 5:22 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Hi there,

a friend of mine took over a UBB.Thread forum (including license) and asked me to host it and do the technical admin.

I have no problem at all, but after checking this forums, i saw the last update is nearly 12 months old.

That said, my friend is happy with the features of UBB, but as the techadmin i have some headaches about securityholes and compatibility to new versions such us PHP7?

Any comments of that would be appreciated.

Thank you!

TheSonic #257893 12/27/2015 1:08 AM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You can test the server for compatibility with the UBB.threads v7.6.0+ System Requirement Test (most servers will be compatible, but if there are items such as suhosin with default settings or a small max_input_vars value there could be issues, which this tool checks).

The last minor release was v7.5.9, which as you noted came out on January 27th, 2015; the next major release, v7.6.0, is currently in development. The alpha v7.6.0 release is currently what is running at UBBDev (as the team at UBBDev (myself and id242) are developing this release), with UBBCentral running its own unique preview build. The upcoming release is planned to be released in early 2016.

As for PHP v7.0 compatibility, it was released on December 3rd, 2015, and as v7.6.0 is a current work in progress we have not done any tests on a server with PHP7; and, until it becomes wide spread as an option on shared hosts, testing will be limited to short term goals versus changing coding for systems that're not yet widespread and may limit compatibility with current supported versions (which currently is v5.3 as a minimum).

Any build after v7.5.8 is considered secure, as this build was primarily released as a security release.

Last edited by Gizmo; 12/27/2015 1:11 AM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
TheSonic #258829 12/09/2016 4:00 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Hi,

just a year later... Still no new version?

Hmmm... i am confused.... (nearlly) 2 years is a long time in these days.... Or is development finally "dead"?

Thanks

Last edited by TheSonic; 12/09/2016 4:01 PM.
TheSonic #258830 12/09/2016 4:41 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
There is not only a Version 7.6.0 Changelog thread here at UBBCentral, which lists all of the major changes coming in v7.6.0, which was last updated on November 7th, but there is also the Official UBB.threads Announcements forum at UBBDev was last updated on November 5th (Development of UBB.threads v7.5.9+ is done through UBBDev).

Live coding of v7.6.0 is running at both here at UBBCentral and UBBDev as a public beta test of the code itself. Development is anything but dead, with weekly/monthly changelogs which show drastic changes in the codebase (this is a MAJOR rewrite), things are actually quite active; especially when one takes into account that the development team has day jobs and other outside obligations.

Plus, you know, the hints that we've been working on the Installer/Upgrade tool in the shoutbox and various postings...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
TheSonic #258831 12/09/2016 11:04 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by TheSonic
is development finally "dead"?

So because there has been nothing new posted to the changelog thread since November 7th, 2016, you believe the software is dead?
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...-0-changelog-not-yet-released#Post258789

There has been a lot of updates within just the past 4 weeks -- Those updates are all related to the UBB.threads 7.6.0 installer/upgrader. Which obviously is related to its release.

If you want to help out with the work that goes in to making UBB.threads great, there are several ways.
Here are just a few:
1) Report any new bugs
2) Share feature ideas
3) Offer to become a beta tester
4) Test out current features on the preview version thats running right here on ubbcentral.com (look at the footer of this forum to see the current build version)
5) Get yourself involved over at https://www.ubbdev.com/

I hope to see you around here more often.
Cheers!

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29