Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Hello all,
I'm upgrading from 7.5.8 to 7.6. All files uploaded fine. File/directory permissions confirmed. Upgrade utility ran with no problems.
Upon returning to the message board I get the following error:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_convert_case() in /home/<user>/public_html/community/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php on line 1189"

This part of ubbthreads.inc.php appears to be part of a routine that "Converts URL to an SEO-friendly String". Line 1189: $title = mb_convert_case($title, MB_CASE_LOWER, "UTF-8"); //convert to lowercase

I've tried reuploading everything. The upgrade.php utility indicates it's already been run successfully (doesn't start over).

Any ideas?

URL: http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ubbthreads.php

Thanks
Paul
UBB since 1999

Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Thanks! Easy fix.

Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I am curious;
How long did it take for your webhost to enable it for you?
Do you ask them, or did you just run through your server's "cPanel" and enable it yourself?

I'm asking, because im trying to judge if the process was straight forward, or involved a bit more technical-knowhow.

Thanks cool

As mentioned in that other thread, it took about a half hour from the initial ticket submital. Prior to that, I attempted to do a quick search in CPanel and WHM to figure it out myself but in the end figured the quicker / safer solution was to get my host company to step up. The half hour included of a bit of lag time for them to initially respond. I suspect the actual change and recompile was on the order of minutes.

My board is back up and running. I seem to have some images / icons / graemlins that are not showing up. I'll figure that out tomorrow. Time for ZZZzzz.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Thanks for getting back - that was quick!

I'm happy to hear it got sorted out, and you're back in business.

Also, happy to see another fellow car-guy. Good stuff

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I'm seeing the error after upgrading too - currently on php 5.6. Changing to php7 caused its own issues :/

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads is not, at this time, capable of running on PHP7 (we actually recommend PHP5.6 currently). We also require the MBString library to be installed, please contact your webhost.

As Isaac previously linked, there was already a discussion on this issue here.

The UBB.threads System Requirements Test will provide any information about your hosting environment which may have issues.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I read that, I was just reminding you guys to add the check to the installer, otherwise there's no mention of "install this 'upgrade' and brick your site until support can get to adding libraries not included by default".

- Allen
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It should really be a stock feature of their PHP build, but it is not enabled by some providers. A check exists in the test script as of the posting date above.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Thank you Gizmo, for those who've been updating ubb.whatever 18+ years now we've never had to find a wiki entry with a test script, the installer itself would warn if issues were coming up in the server config, or the software was written to the base with big letters stating if modules not in the base needed to be added. Zlib compression, GD, Imagemagick, etc was a huge discussion way back when.

I don't *think* my host would disable random libraries just to mess with me. mbstring and/or multibyte is not among the 200+ modules available to install.

ETA: the need for mbstring is new for 7.6 - a headsup for those upgrading would be nice since it wasn't required before.

Last edited by AllenAyres; 05/25/2017 3:35 PM.

- Allen

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 522 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29