Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#260387 08/11/2017 12:19 PM
Old Hand
Old Hand
Hi
If you find a minute please go to
http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=704008#Post704008

Its about Go back one page - takes three or more clicks! Not sure Its a bug or request of simplyfying . I'm traveling so have not checken this My self properly

Thanks

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Al Eckstadt
Here's something else I'm noticing. When I bring up the forum main page - the first page I am looking at - if I click on the back arrow and hold it, a list of previous pages comes up, and it will show one line for bb.com (the main page I am viewing currently). Now if I next go to the Garage Sale, when I click on the back arrow, it will display the current page (Garage Sale) and under that will be at least three more Garage sales pages (even though I have only opened the one page and did not open anything on that page). So the extra pages displayed explains why when I click the back button - it probably is working but it has to display the other three (same) pages before I hit the actual previous page.
Hope this is understandable and gives some insight into the problem.

This sounds like it may be something related to either your server, the network, or your user's computer system.

If he is clicking multiple times and many different windows are popping up, he may have something slowing down his computer, a bad browser plug-in, a virus, or just simply a sticky key (SHIFT, CTRL ...etc)

If his network is slow, the page could be delayed from sending/receiving data from your server to his network.

If this is happening for more than one user, and since he mentioned that it's happening at his home and work (same computer laptop?), it could be an issue related to your server caching data, and being slow about it.

Is he on an apple product? I am aware that older versions of Apple iOS (iPhone and iPad) sometimes required multiple taps on navigation elements, where MacOS/Windows/Everyone else acted correctly.

If he is being given an ad from one of your pages, it may be slowing his browser down -- does he have Adobe Flash installed? Thats often the cause of much of this type of shenanigans.

It really could be anything. But there is is nothing in the stock UBB.threads software which would cause this behavior of his browser.

Can he reproduce it on UBBCentral.com, or UBBDev.com ?

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Old Hand
Old Hand
Think some answers is in the thread

I will post your answer as a quote

Thanks

Ps I may have found a layout "bug" for phones and pads but will post it in a week or so

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Probably has to do with the excessive amount of animated banners you have.
when you open a page it takes a while to load all of them.
If you use the back option it is still downloading the elements..
Just give it a bit of time before you use the back button.
Or get rid of some of the animation.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, domspeak), 353 guests, and 190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29