Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
journeyman
journeyman
I've had a couple users mention that since our upgrade to 7.6 that forum titles used to be bolded on the first page when there were unread messages in that forum. Now, we're accomplishing roughly the same thing with the unread post count numbers listed next to the total post count, but, well, you guys know how any changes bring uproar...

So, is this even an option or available any more? I've looked through the general options as well as the individual styles and haven't found anything about this.

I'm OK with a simple "this was removed in 7.6" answer if that's the case - especially as that means I can stop looking for how to do it.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
FOR THE FORUM LIST:
There is a NEW POST INDICATOR on the left side of each forum title that can be customized for "new posts" and "no new posts"
**These are the only icons used to indicate when new posts are in the forum group, or no new posts within the category list.
\images\general\ [IMAGE-SET-NAME] \newposts.gif
\images\general\ [IMAGE-SET-NAME] \nonewposts.gif

There is a feature to show "Show Total # of Unread Posts Per Forum" as (XX) next to the forum Thread count.
This feature can be enabled within Control Panel > General > Category & Forum Page Settings: Show Total # of Unread Posts Per Forum

It can be customized within the Style Editor (per each custom style) in the "Category/Forum Properties" group:
.newtotal, add:
font-weight:bold;
**This will control the display style only of the new item indicator on the CATEGORY/FORUM LIST.

---

FOR POST LISTS:
Similar to the setting above, there is one to indicate Unread Replies per post, within the POST LISTING.
Control Panel > General > Forum Display Settings group: Show Total # of Unread Replies in Topics
This is controlled by the same Style as previously mentioned.

Unlike the forum/category list, the post list items can be customized on a granular level through the style editor. The entire cell can customized (per each custom style) in the "Post List Properties" group:
.new-topicviews & .new-alt-topicviews, add
font-weight:bold;
**This will control the display style of new items cells on the POST LIST.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
journeyman
journeyman
Fair enough. That works. Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29