Print Thread
Hop To
#260641 11/05/2017 10:52 PM
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Hey Guys,

First time poster here. I recently inherited the ubb specialtactics.com/forums site and as a beginner at anything website developing, I am struggling. I successfully updated the site to 7.6.0 hoping to solve my mobile responsiveness problems. It changed the look of this site somewhat. The forums are still getting chopped off for some reason. When viewing the main forums or a topic, as a mobile user i still need to scroll side to side or zoom out to view the entire wording.
I have attempted different themes and a few other items to try and solve the problem but I'm at a loss.

I wouldn't mind having the forums have a layout very similar to this board's but I feel I'm a long way from figuring that out at this point. I cant even get the mobile layout correct.

Any tips on what is causing my mobile issue?
What theme is this board utilizing?

Thanks for the help.

Travis
specialtactics.com/forums

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Your 728x90 Google ads are static width, and are pushing the content of your pages to at least 728px wide.

Update your Google Ad code to be responsive on all your pages, and your forums will display correctly.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Thanks for that, that helped quite a bit. I removed all of the ads and am attempting to start over from square one. But I'm still having a small issue w/ responsiveness when viewing posts. The posts still appear to not be sized right- but they are close. The posts appear to cut off about a word or so from each line (see attached).

Do i need to modify some of my settings in the control panel to fix this? Thanks for the help.
Attachments
Screenshot_20171106-064929.png

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
you're running in to the facebook bug. more information on that is discussed as "the second thing" in this post:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/260384/re-mobile-view#Post260384

The second one is a bug in 760 that has been fixed in 761. its related to the Facebook images on the footer of each post.

Basically, that element under each of your post threads which says, "Tweet". There is a Facebook element right next to it that has a 450px wide iframe, which is preventing your pages from being mobile. This was a very old style of presenting Facebook's like system. They have since updated it to use javascript. There should be a Facebook "Like" phrase right next to Twitter's "Tweet" text also, but I am not seeing it displayed on your website on any of my browsers. So Facebook may have stopped using that old format all together (?). Though the 450px wide iFrame still exists in 7.5.x and 7.6.0's template.

backstory: while working on UBB.threads 7.6.0, I was unaware that there was even Facebook or Twitter integration at all. So it was never noticed until someone mentioned it about two months after the 7.6.0 release. This has been fixed for UBB.threads 7.6.1 by updating both Facebook and Twitter share buttons to follow their currently recommended integration code. In addition, a Facebook "Share" button was also added to 761.
The 760 bug was documented and fixed for 7.6.1 @ https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/260038#Post260038

The fix for this Facebook iFrame is to just disable that integration in your Control Panel until you get 7.6.1+. This will remove the display problem. This does not affect Twitter at all. You can continue using the 760 Twitter integration without issue.

1) go to Control Panel > Display Settings
2) And then open the "Topic & Post Page Settings" section.
3) Remove the check-mark from the "Show Facebook "Like" Button" box.

Last edited by isaac; 11/06/2017 12:11 PM. Reason: added relevant quote

F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Thanks for all the help this far. All suggestions have helped tremendously but I am still seeing some issues that I can't seem to track down, especially when viewed from a tablet.
In the attached, you can see the site gets cut off from the right side. When zoomed out, a white bar appears on the side that aligns with where the site gets cut off. Any ideas on this?
Once again, thanks for all the help.

Travis
Attachments
Screenshot_20171122-093448.png Screenshot_20171122-093443.png

Journeyman
Journeyman
I think that happens to my site as well, because when it's viewed in landscape on mobile (Galaxy S8+), the header graphic gets cut short and anything straight down has a blank background. However, it's fine in portrait and on PC. So I imagine that's what happens when it's viewed on a tablet (about 5% of my viewers). UBB.threads version 7.6.0.
Attachments
landscape.jpg

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from aliendisc.net]
[Linked Image from aliendisc.net]
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Thanks guys!

UBB.threads version 7.6.1 fixes the "Last Post" column to replace that forced "nw" (no wrap) with an auto adjusting ellipses. That update enables the column widths to adjust on tablets to not push content off the side of the screen.

https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/259887#Post259887

Thank you. Very helpful.

Mark J.Cairns
Producer, Airwolf Themes CD soundtracks

AIRWOLF WEBSITE https://airwolfthemes.com/mobile/
OFFICIAL AIRWOLF THEMES VIDEOS https://www.youtube.com/airwolfthemes

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29