Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
S Offline
In the age of limiting one's digital footprints, I'm wondering if other admins prune users who haven't posted in years so their registration detail isn't sitting on their servers.

I don't seem to find "best practices" regarding this anywhere while searching the web.

Also, I was wondering if it's possible to auto prune users information for those that have, let's say not posted for a certain amount of time/years?

A forum we manage that runs on vBullitin has an automated option to move/prune users based on inactivity, etc. If I were to do it for our UBB Threads run forums, I'd have to do an advanced search and delete by, let's say" last post older than" option. This will leave their posts and replies intact, but submitted by Annonymous, which is fine as I don't want to lose any posts.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It's not difficult, keep in mind that you may derail old conversations that contain important data that increases your search engine ranking for pages, but the request was how do I, not why shouldn't I...

Go ahead and open the "Member Management" link ("Members" in v7.6+) in the Control Panel and select Advanced and then select "before" and choose a date for the "Last Post Date" or "Last Online" (keep in mind, quite a few users have account on forums and don't post; myself included) and click search. On the results page you can select "Delete" from the "Actions" area (bottom of the results page) to prune those users shown.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, domspeak), 353 guests, and 190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29