Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#262687 05/09/2019 1:17 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
It may not be a bug, since I don't see it here.

I recently updated to 7.7.1. I have a little wonkiness with my forum display and am looking at validating the pages. It's telling me there's an open div tag that isn't closed. It points to this one not being closed:

In the header.tpl, right above {$headerfile}

Code
<div id="content" class="fw" style="display:table;">

Is it open? I don't use div's in my html includes, so maybe it's in the code?

Last edited by AllenAyres; 05/09/2019 1:19 PM.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
AllenAyres #262688 05/09/2019 2:05 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The (unofficial) Milwaukie High School forums are 100% stock on v7.7.1 and I do not have a missing </div> according to the w3c Nu Validator; I also do not see this issue here at UBBCentral which is stock and running the current v7.7.2 snapshot.

If you remove the data from your HTML includes, does the error still display? Do you have any modifications installed?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
AllenAyres #262689 05/09/2019 2:33 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
No modifications. I open a table in the header and close it in the footer - it's been like that 20+ years now, apparently makes the validator interpret the div's in the base code weirdly now. It's the only error I see, so no big whoop. Thank you for your time.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)