Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
A Offline
I'm trying to get ubb.threads 7.7.3 installed so I can import a ubb.classic 6.7.3 forum. when I get to the step where you click 'create tables' rather than creating an admin user, it throws the following error:

We Encountered A Problem
Script:
Line:
SQL Error: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
SQL Error: 1071

Query:
create table ubbt_REGISTRATION_FIELDS (
REGISTRATION_FIELD varchar(255) not null primary key,
REGISTRATION_SHOW_FIELD tinyint(1),
REGISTRATION_REQUIRE_FIELD tinyint(1)
) ENGINE=MyISAM

any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm running php 7.2 on this server with mariadb 10.1

thanks!

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
What is your server OS?
Linux or Windows

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
BTW, I believe upgrading from Classic process is UBB Classic 6.7.x -> UBBT 7.0.x -> 7.7.x

But you'll have to wait for a reply from one of the other guys, as they do all the upgrades from 15 year old software.

UBB Classic 6.7.3 - 2005
UBB.threads 7.0 - 2006
UBB.threads 7.7 - 2019

I work on developing the current code, and dont normally touch any upgrades relating to UBB Classic.

A
A Offline
Originally Posted by isaac
What is your server OS?
Linux or Windows

linux ubuntu 18.04

one thing to note. if it is ok to go right from ubb.classic 6.7.3 to ubb.threads 7.7.3, the classic_import.php file in the ubbclassic_6_7_import needs a slight tweak. on line 48, you need to change this line

require_once( "../libs/mysql.inc.php" );

to:

require_once( "../libs/mysqli.inc.php" );

I decided to just go ahead with the import since it's only a test currently...I'll report back once it's finished.

Last edited by andrewjs18; 09/17/2019 4:15 AM.
A
A Offline
so the importer stopped with the following error:

Code
2019/09/17 04:07:22 [error] 17174#17174: *57416 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '<' in /ubbt/importers/classic_import.php(1999) : eval()'d code on line 2" request: "GET /ubbt/importers/classic_import.php?ubb=importsomeconfigstuff&var=2 referrer: "https://mysite.com/ubbt/importers/classic_import.php?ubb=importsomeconfigstuff&var=1"

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The import script was written to import to a version prior to UBB.threads 7.7.x

From the importer's header:
* UBB.classic Import Script Version 4.0 (May 27, 2006)
* for UBB.threads 7.0 and Higher only

I know it says "7.0 and Higher only." But I am confident the author of it would not have been able to predict PHP 7 at that time, with a requirement for MySQLi.

The importer script requires MySQL and PHP 5. Which would be any version of UBB.threads 7.0.x - 7.6.x

Last edited by isaac; 09/17/2019 4:19 AM. Reason: added versions

A
A Offline
ok, I'll wipe my current db with ubb.threads 7.7.3, get 7.0 installed and retry the importer again.

that said, it looks like it is hitting a syntax error. if someone could provide the fix, that'll be great!

The last classic import I did was around 2 years ago
I went from classic directly to ubb 7.5.7 then upgraded to whatever the current version was at the time.
I recall the only issue was polls did not come over with the import there were around 75 polls out of a total of 2.8 millionj+ posts..
I did tweak some of the settings because the first try took 5 days but after it still took 3 days
Here is the settings I used
Code
set_time_limit( 300 );
define('IS_IMPORT',1);

$site_id = 1;

// Is this script uploaded correctly?
ckthis( "../includes/config.inc.php", 0 );
ckthis( "../libs/ubbthreads.inc.php", 0 );

define( "MAX_POSTS_PER_PAGE", 100 );
define( "MAX_TOPICS_PER_PAGE", 14 );
define( "MAX_REBUILDS_PER_PAGE", 400 );
define( "MAX_MEMBERS_PER_PAGE", 300 );

If you see a lot of errors start to appear just lower the numbers some. And start over.
But that means clean up of the database so make a db backup before you begin.

One last tid bit older versions of UBB do not support php7

One other thing I recall because of the disparity of different versions of scripts and server software requirements between the old and new..
I ran all my tests on
xampp-win32-1.7.3.exe.
Of course it depends on the size of the classic site and what software is installed and what can be changed on the hosted site. And if you can keep it down that long.
In this case the owner opted to leave the classic site running because they did not want to go offline for days.
They under stood they would loose posts and members added during the time duration.

Last edited by Ruben; 09/17/2019 2:51 PM. Reason: add comment.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You should import into UBB.threads v7.0, anything below 7.3 should work (v7.3 introduced the Global Moderator permission); you should then upgrade your install to v7.7.x.

The importer tool was created for PHP4/5, it may not operate at all in PHP7 (UBB.threads itself was not compatible with PHP7 until v7.7).

It appears your error report was for a line with evaled code; a lot of webhosts lock down their systems these days (by way of PHPs "disable_functions"), does your account have access to eval(), exec()? I believe its standard for even cPanel to set them to be restricted by default ("show_source, system, shell_exec, exec")

You may be able to adjust Rubens values to something say closer to 1000 chunks on a host these days; if you're dealing with dedicated resources (VPS or Dedicated machine) you could probably get away with 2000 to make the import go faster... Either way it is going to take a huge chunk of time.

Since the importer should be run on UBB.threads versions prior to v7.7, the line about mysql.inc.php needing updated is not correct; its just not designed to be imported to the modern builds.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Originally Posted by andrewjs18
I'm trying to get ubb.threads 7.7.3 installed so I can import a ubb.classic 6.7.3 forum. when I get to the step where you click 'create tables' rather than creating an admin user, it throws the following error:

We Encountered A Problem
Script:
Line:

Query:
) ENGINE=MyISAM

thanks!
I guess we all missed the part that you are installing ubb for the first time, And you have not yet got to the import.
If you had some failure during the install and the tables were created.
Then you will need to drop all tables in the data base to start over with a install.

Bear in mind you will need to drop down a few versions for the importer to work as well as downgrade php

also there is a ubb test script to see if your site is compatible for the newest ubb version.
https://www.ubbwiki.com/archive/view/57/ubb-threads-system-requirements-test-20190727.html

Since the importer only reads and imports data from classic to ubb threads, You need a working ubbthreads forum to import to.. And it needs to be a virgin install for the import to work.

Blue Man Group
A
A Offline
Originally Posted by Ruben

We Encountered A Problem
Script:
Line:

Query:
) ENGINE=MyISAM

thanks!
I guess we all missed the part that you are installing ubb for the first time, And you have not yet got to the import.
If you had some failure during the install and the tables were created.
Then you will need to drop all tables in the data base to start over with a install.

Bear in mind you will need to drop down a few versions for the importer to work as well as downgrade php

also there is a ubb test script to see if your site is compatible for the newest ubb version.
https://www.ubbwiki.com/archive/view/57/ubb-threads-system-requirements-test-20190727.html

Since the importer only reads and imports data from classic to ubb threads, You need a working ubbthreads forum to import to.. And it needs to be a virgin install for the import to work.

do you know how to fix that error?

Well with ubb 7.7X install the ubb test script and run.
My gut feeling is possibly your max_input_vars are low.
The test script should advise you.on what is needed to run the latest version.
But you need a older version to run the importer.

Blue Man Group
A
A Offline
here are the results from that test script:

UBB.threads System Requirements Test
The UBB.threads System Requirements Test has been developed to check your server configuration, including default values, that may cause problems with a UBB.threads install. Development by James Corthell (Gizmo/Gremelin) of VNC Web Services.

System Requirements Met
Your system meets all of the PHP requirements for UBB.threads:
Minimum Version: v7.7.0
Maximum Version: v7.7.x

Possible Problems
Possible problems have been detected, please see the individual messages below for more information.

The required PHP extension "mysql_connect" (MySQL Connect) could not be found. This error is non-crucial if the "mysqli_connect" function exists and you are running UBB.threads v7.7.0 or newer. Please see UBBWiki: mysql_connect
The system binaries for ImageMagick could not be found on your server. Please see UBBWiki: imagemagick
The reported PHP 'max_input_vars' setting is currently set at or below the default setting (Current: 1000, Default: 1000), which could have issues if you have more than 33 forums; for more information, please see the UBBWiki entry "Issues with the PHP 'max_input_vars' Setting". Please see UBBWiki: maxinput

You have indicated that you would like to test your UBB.threads configuration, but the file could not be found in the path: forum/includes/config.inc.php

Additional Information

Compatible UBB.threads Versions:
Minimum: v7.7.0
Maximum: v7.7.x
Read more about Server Requirements and Suggestions on UBBWiki
File Get Contents: Allows External URLs
GZip: GZip is supported on this system.
ImageMagick: ImageMagick binaries could not be located on this server.
Maximum Execution Time: 30 Seconds
Maximum Upload File Size: 50M (see php.net for more information)
Maximum Upload Size Allowed: 50M (the smaller of post_max_size vs upload_max_filesize)
Memory Limit: 128M
MySQL: MySQL v5.0 or newer is required; please manually check that you meet this requirement.
PHP Interface: fpm-fcgi
PHP Version: 7.2.19-0ubuntu0.18.04.2
Post Max File Size: 50M (can affect the upload size, see php.net for more information)
Reported Host: mysite.com
Reported IP: 1.2.3.4
Reported OS: Linux
Reported Path: /ubbt
Reported Port: 443 (443 indicates SSL)
Time: The current, unadjusted, server time is: Tuesday, September 17th, 2019 at 05:07 PM, America/New_York (-04:00)
ZLib: ZLib is supported on this system.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I think this has to do with your (newer) MySQL version; from what I can find by searching it doesn't like that we're allowing 255 chars for a varchar which is a primary index; could you try opening install/createtable.php and find:
Code

And replace that with:
Code
		REGISTRATION_FIELD varchar(100) not null primary key,

So we can see if it will allow the index length; these values haven't changed in eons, and we're not entirely sure your individual settings on your SQL server.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
A
A Offline
thanks, I assume I can adjust that in the 7.7.0 version of ubb.threads once I retry the import later tonight?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Again, the importer script won't import directly to v77x, you'll need to import to v7.0-v7.2 then upgrade; the line should be the same change in the appropriate files.

A
A Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Again, the importer script won't import directly to v77x, you'll need to import to v7.0-v7.2 then upgrade; the line should be the same change in the appropriate files.

sorry, that should of said 7.0.0, not 7.7.0...

in any case, shall that code be switched in the 7.0.0 file too?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It should be the same. Keep in mind while doing the import however that you'll need to be running under PHP5 in order to run UBB.threads builds prior to 7.7.x.

A
A Offline
It should be the same. Keep in mind while doing the import however that you'll need to be running under PHP5 in order to run UBB.threads builds prior to 7.7.x.

yes, I'm likely going to set up a xampp environment at home tonight after work so I easily switch back to php5.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Sounds good, that's what I end up doing vs overloading shared servers; since you end up with access to dedicated resources.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If you setup an XAMPP on Windows you'll want to take care to set "lower_case_table_names=0" if your config so that Windows will respect proper table cases; otherwise Windows will set the table names to lowercase and when you upload to a Linux server that is expecting the table and field names to be all uppercase you'll run into problems. Source

Also, if you don't mind my asking; what webhost are you with?

A
A Offline
If you setup an XAMPP on Windows you'll want to take care to set "lower_case_table_names=0" if your config so that Windows will respect proper table cases; otherwise Windows will set the table names to lowercase and when you upload to a Linux server that is expecting the table and field names to be all uppercase you'll run into problems. Source

the live ubb.classic site currently runs on a digital ocean VPS. I'm doing the test imports on a web server in my basement.

P
P Offline

Ubuntu/Debian is using utf8mb4 as default charset for their MariaDB installations. The cause this problem with varchar(255) fields on older MariaDB installations. Newer versions of MariaDB such as the 10.3 series run just fine with varchar(255) on utf8mb4 setups.

To workaround the problem:
Change all varchar(255) fields to varchar(250) in /install/createtable.php. I would also change ENGINE=MyISAM to ENGINE=InnoDB to get the best performance out of your MariaDB server.

the live ubb.classic site currently runs on a digital ocean VPS. I'm doing the test imports on a web server in my basement.
lower_case_table_names=0
I tried that in wamp and it did not work.
Xampp did at least on the version I used.

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
WAMP and XAMPP are different products, you will likely have to set lower_case_table_names in the my.cnf for other products; it all depends on where they check for server configuration options.

For note, UBB.threads assumes you're on a fully functional web server with default modules enabled; other than that, the configuration of servers and development servers is well out of the scope of support... We simply help where we can, and don't hold all of the answers for every piece of software.

I understand all that I was just making a comment on what happened with me.
But even if the case is wrong it only takes at most about 30 minutes to retype all the table names after you upload to the live site.

The issue is you may not know until you upload the database.

Last edited by Ruben; 09/18/2019 4:41 PM.

Blue Man Group
A
A Offline
hi all,

sorry for the delay!

so I'm retrying an import using ubb.threads 7.0.0 and an old version of xampp that runs php 5.3 & mysql 5.0...

when I got to the 'create tables' part of the install of ubb.threads, like the importer says here, it gives me the following error:

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in E:\xampp5\htdocs\forum\ubbt\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 117
Script:
Line#:
SQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 37
SQL Error #: 1064
Query: create table ubbt_FORUMS ( FORUM_TITLE text, FORUM_DESCRIPTION text, FORUM_ID int(9) unsigned auto_increment primary key, FORUM_PARENT int(9) unsigned, FORUM_POSTS int(9) unsigned default '0', FORUM_LAST_POST_TIME int(11) unsigned, FORUM_ALLOW_HTML tinyint(1) default '0' not null, FORUM_ALLOW_MARKUP tinyint(1) default '1' not null, FORUM_CREATED_ON int(11) unsigned, FORUM_IS_MODERATED tinyint(1) unsigned default '0', CATEGORY_ID int(4) unsigned default '1' not null, FORUM_TOPICS int(9) unsigned default '0', FORUM_SORT_ORDER int(4) unsigned, FORUM_DEFAULT_TOPIC_AGE int(4) unsigned, FORUM_CUSTOM_HEADER int(1) unsigned, FORUM_STYLE mediumint(4) not null default '0', FORUM_LAST_POST_ID int(9) unsigned default '0', FORUM_LAST_TOPIC_ID int(9) unsigned, FORUM_LAST_POSTER_ID int(9) default '1', FORUM_LAST_POSTER_NAME varchar(64), FORUM_LAST_POST_SUBJECT text, FORUM_LAST_POST_ICON varchar(30), FORUM_IMAGE varchar(255), FORUM_IS_ACTIVE tinyint(1) unsigned default '1' not null, FORUM_ALLOW_ATTACHMENTS tinyint(1) not null default '0', FORUM_ALLOW_POLLS tinyint(1) not null default '0', FORUM_POLLS_ANYWHERE tinyint(1) not null default '0', FORUM_ISLAND_INSERT mediumint(5) not null default '0', FORUM_IS_RSS tinyint(1) not null default '0', FORUM_RSS_TITLE varchar(255), FORUM_SHOW_INTRO tinyint(1) unsigned not null default '0', FORUM_INTRO_TITLE varchar(255), UNIQUE INDX1 (FORUM_ID), INDEX CAT_NDX (CATEGORY_ID), INDEX ACTIVE_NDX (FORUM_IS_ACTIVE) ) TYPE=MyISAM

Last edited by andrewjs18; 09/26/2019 3:41 AM.
A
A Offline
reporting back. I went back to an even older version of xampp that was released in 2006 (php 5.1!) to try to get php/mysql in line with when ubb.threads 7.0.0 was release (2006). I was able to get through the 'create tables' option now in the installer.

I'm waiting for the files from the ubb.classic forum to copy over to my xampp environment then I'll run the importer to see how it goes and report back....

Last edited by andrewjs18; 09/26/2019 5:09 PM.
something does not sound right.
First copy ubbthreads files to htdocs/forum/ubbt

Then run localhost/forum/ubbt/install/install.php
After success

Then copy the importer script (classic_import.php)to the importers folder under htdocs/forum/ubbt/importers
Then copy the classic files to a different folder under xampp/htdocs/cgi-bin/classic
Make sure you have all the folders.
Then in your browser goto localhost/forum/ubbt/importers/classic_import.php.

And if that is the same xampp version I used it was ubbthreads 7.5.4.2 - 7.6.0 I never tried ubb7.0.0 because I knew around ver7.2 global moderators were introduced.
Also the database should be set to latin1_swedish_ci and you will need to drop all tables to start over .

Last edited by Ruben; 09/26/2019 5:34 PM.

Blue Man Group
A
A Offline
something does not sound right.
First copy ubbthreads files to htdocs/forum/ubbt

Then run localhost/forum/ubbt/install/install.php
After success

Then copy the importer script (classic_import.php)to the importers folder under htdocs/forum/ubbt/importers
Then copy the classic files to a different folder under xampp/htdocs/cgi-bin/classic
Make sure you have all the folders.
Then in your browser goto localhost/forum/ubbt/importers/classic_import.php.

And if that is the same xampp version I used it was ubbthreads 7.5.4.2 - 7.6.0 I never tried ubb7.0.0 because I knew around ver7.2 global moderators were introduced.
Also the database should be set to latin1_swedish_ci and you will need to drop all tables to start over .

the latest snag I hit when running the importer using ubb.threads 7.0.0:

Code
Warning: require_once(../libs/html.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp5\xampp\htdocs\forum\ubbt\importers\classic_import.php on line 49

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../libs/html.inc.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp5\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp5\xampp\htdocs\forum\ubbt\importers\classic_import.php on line 49

the issue is that the classic_import.php requires a file that does not exist until ubb.threads 7.3.0. I found this out the hard way by going through every single zip package until I found the file required...

now the importer is running without any issues (at the time of me writing this at least)....it's currently processing the members list, it looks like...

I'll keep this thread updated.

as I said in the last post I never used ubb 7.0.0 but have had success with 7.5.4.2 - 7.6.0
The old importer was replaced in 2006 around that same time.

You never said how big the site was but be prepared to run for a long time if you did not change the settings.
When you hit the topics and posts it will run slower.

Last edited by Ruben; 09/26/2019 6:09 PM.

Blue Man Group
A
A Offline
the site has around 800,000 posts or so.

looks like a couple of days.
Just hope you don't get a windows update in the meantime, that reboots your pc

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026834/windows-10-defer-feature-updates

This link does not apply to Windows 10 HOME edition.

edit: as a side note, when i rebuild the posts of one of my forums which has over 500,000 posts, that batch normally completes in just about 2hrs.

Last edited by isaac; 09/27/2019 12:54 PM.

A
A Offline
looks like a couple of days.

finished within 12 hours...not exactly sure how long it took, but I started it around 1:30am and it was finished before 1pm...

Last edited by andrewjs18; 09/27/2019 1:06 PM.
A
A Offline
so the import finished successfully, but it's not showing any topics and/or posts:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

my private messages were imported correctly and the stats in the admin cp look accurate:

I've cleared the cache in the admin cp and I'm currently in the process of running all of the content rebuilder tools. physically checking the database, I see all of the topics and posts...

any ideas?

A
A Offline
the content rebuilder for the posts is still running as I type this, but in a new window, I was browsing around the my stuff tab to see if everything else was working when I hit the following error when clicking on 'Posts'

Code
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Script: E:\xampp5\htdocs\forum\ubbt\scripts\userposts.inc.php
Line#: 139
SQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND t3.POST_IS_APPROVED = '1' AND t2.FORUM_IS_ACTIVE = '1' ORDER BY t' at line 6
SQL Error #: 1064
Query: SELECT COUNT(t3.POST_ID) FROM ubbt_TOPICS as t1, ubbt_FORUMS as t2, ubbt_POSTS as t3 WHERE t3.USER_ID = 9295 AND t3.TOPIC_ID = t1.TOPIC_ID AND t1.FORUM_ID = t2.FORUM_ID AND t2.FORUM_ID in ( ) AND t3.POST_IS_APPROVED = '1' AND t2.FORUM_IS_ACTIVE = '1' ORDER BY t3.POST_POSTED_TIME DESC

Please click back to return to the previous page.

You know what it appears that permissions are not set.
the posts are there you just don't have permissions to view them
Goto ubb cp permissions- groups-admin and edit forums and site and cp.
Turn on view.,etc meaning set to 1
then you need to check the other groups.
there is a quick way with the mass change tab for forum permissions

As far as the second post showing mysql errors.
You can't be browsing when importing or rebuilding.
That is why it is advised to close the board during .
all the data is not there yet.

Last edited by Ruben; 09/27/2019 3:45 PM.

Blue Man Group
A
A Offline
You know what it appears that permissions are not set.
the posts are there you just don't have permissions to view them
Goto ubb cp permissions- groups-admin and edit forums and site and cp.
Turn on view.,etc meaning set to 1
then you need to check the other groups.
there is a quick way with the mass change tab for forum permissions

As far as the second post showing mysql errors.
You can't be browsing when importing or rebuilding.
That is why it is advised to close the board during .
all the data is not there yet.

sadly I forgot to write down the teamviewer password for my desktop pc at home and I'm at work now...won't be home for like 5 hours before I can check on this. frown

When I did the big site from classic.
Took 5 days I could not resist to just peek at different things.
But every time I did the import would crash.
Also it does get boring just staring at the screen but it will show errors during the import.
Unfortunately there is not a log to go back and check what happened.

Blue Man Group
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29