Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Addict
Addict
On the step where I allow it to update my styles for me, the next screen says:

Forum styles within the install/styles/ directory have been installed.

They can be made active within the forum Control Panel.

Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'STYLE_IS_ACTIVE' at row 1Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'STYLE_IS_ACTIVE' at row 1

Just like that with the double entry on that third line.

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Because the upgrader has received so much work since it's last public release (2019 July to 2020 January/today), and you are the first to report any errors with it, I would like to attempt to reproduce and debug your error:

What OS ar you upgrading on? Windows / Linux / other?
What are your PHP and SQL versions?
What version of UBB.threads are yo upgrading from?
What version of UBB.threads are yo upgrading to?

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Addict
Addict
I'm an outlier in our community smile.

I'm one of the only Windows users here, apparently. So Windows Server 2016 Standard. I just moved to a new hosting facility in November so I'm still settling in here.

MySQL 8.0.18

PHP 7.3.7

I was on UBB 7.7.1 and just went up to 7.7.3. I've been using UBB since it was a toddler smile. April 2002. So these things have been upgraded lots and lots of times over the years.

BellaOnline Website
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
it looks like the typo is in the beginning of the install/install_styles.php script

FIND (at the top):
Code
	if ($style_is_active) {
		$style_is_active = 1;
	}

REPLACE WITH:
Code
	$style_is_active = ($style_is_active) ? 1 : 0;

The bug presents itself when you've selected to have the upgrader upgrade your currently installed styles for you, and you have styles that are marked as not active. The null variable would pass in PHP 5.x (as "0"), but in PHP 7+ it is seen as missing.

As this code does not exist in any prior versions, this only effects version 7.7.3.
The install/install_styles.php script feature has since been rewritten for 7.7.4.

Addict
Addict
OK do I need to do anything to the forum I've already upgraded to 7.7.3 as a result? Or is it fine as is?

BellaOnline Website
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
read the changelog.

read the end of the install/alterstyles-XXX.php file.

the changelog tells you about the added css

wink

Addict
Addict
I made the script change for the upgrade I'm running now and that one went fine through that step with no error.

On the previous upgrade, I did look at the changelog first. What I'm trying to figure out is if proceeding even though it gave me an error left a problem in my database. I.e. it's now 7.7.3 having encountered an error during install.

Is there anything I need to do by hand with MySQL to account for that SQL error in the install? Or is the system fine, and that error didn't matter?

BellaOnline Website
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by BellaOnline
OK do I need to do anything to the forum I've already upgraded to 7.7.3 as a result? Or is it fine as is?
Originally Posted by isaac
read the changelog.

read the end of the install/alterstyles-XXX.php file.

the changelog tells you about the added css
Originally Posted by BellaOnline
Is there anything I need to do by hand with MySQL to account for that SQL error in the install? Or is the system fine, and that error didn't matter?

read my reply above your comment. ive quoted it here if you missed it the first time.

Addict
Addict
OK let me begin by saying that your response feels condescending. I'm actively posting here to try to help. I could have not bothered to inform you of the error.

I've worked with this UBB code for eighteen years. I understand by and large how it functions. I've done plenty of internal recoding in these twenty years. I've helped countless users myself, in these forums.

I did read the changelog. In regards to CSS it says: "Cleanup of templates, CSS files, and UBB JavaScript files." which is about as generic as it gets. The 7.7.2 changelog mentions a few CSS updates. But neither write-up addresses my question.

I am installing a software product and that software product had a MySQL error message happen during its install routine.

You told me: "The bug presents itself when you've selected to have the upgrader upgrade your currently installed styles for you, and you have styles that are marked as not active. The null variable would pass in PHP 5.x, but in PHP 7+ it is seen as missing."

Yes. I selected the upgrader to upgrade my styles. I know that's what I did. That process then crashed. It's fine to know it's because of a mishandled NULL value. But that is also not my question.

I am not going to go tearing apart your install script to figure out exactly what this part of the script was trying to do or what the consequences are because the script crashed. That shouldn't be my job as an end user. I have about thirty other projects I need to get done tonight.

Is your recommendation really for me to dig through the install script and manually, personally figure out what happened as a result of this crash? And manually decide which SQL commands I need to run to remedy the issue?

BellaOnline Website
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
With all due respect, the amount of time with UBB.threads isn't applicable; Isaac has been with the product just as long as I have, just not in an active development role.

He answered your question by pointing to where the information is that you requested, in the change log (which shows the changes in the new release). If you go to post #2 in the changelog discussion (Direct Link you can clearly see:
New CSS Classes
.shoutintro (Properties for: ShoutChat Box/Page intro text)

This new style class compliments .alt-1 to further customize each of your custom style sheets using the Style Editor. Its not required, but it is available.

Additionally, the changed/new classes were referenced as being in /install/alterstyles-7.6.1.php, which the contents of this file are:
Code
$newstyles['.post-new']['set'] = "background-color:#d30303;
color:#fff;";
$newstyles['.post.op']['set'] = "background-color:#eee;
color:#666;";
$newstyles['.avatar-none']['set'] = "background-color:#eee!important;
color: #666!important;";
$newstyles['#top-button']['set'] = "background:#fff;
color:#00ab6c;
height:50px; /* same as width */
width:50px; /* same as height */
border-radius:50px; /* 10px for squared corners */
-webkit-border-radius:50px; /* 10px for squared corners */
-moz-border-radius:50px; /* 10px for squared corners */
bottom:25px /* button location */
right:30px; /* button location */";
$newstyles['#top-button:hover']['set'] = "background-color:#555;";

This isn't a pissing match, and we're here in our own time and on our own dime; everyone can leave their opinions at the door. If you'd like to talk to *official support* and not talk to the developer directly, you're welcome to use the support desk for paid "official" support.

We are in the process of working on official code, and your question was answered, that you'll need to apply the new/changed CSS from the changelog manually to your styles, I fail to see why anything more needs to be said.

PHP7.3+ is regarded as bleeding edge, any errors found on the newest releases of PHP are being tested, but some things fall by the wayside, especially since most users are just hopping on PHP7. We can't just wave a magic wand and see every error fixed, we have to encounter said error and process code to fix it; and again, most users are NOT running these builds (in fact, the CentOS repo, which most Linux users utilize as a RHEL repo only has PHP72 available).

This thread is closed, and OT posts will be nuked as necessary.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, domspeak), 353 guests, and 190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29