Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#265384 07/04/2022 9:42 PM
Stranger
Stranger
Been fighting with our site since April. Side boards stopped working first now people can't join because when they hit submit on the registration page it just resets the page. starting to look like the Machinebuildersnetwork.com site will go away. I don't know how to fix any of it. we're a bunch of mechanics not I T techs. I put in a ticket but not sure where it'll get me.

What does this mean?
Failed to create a backup copy of the config.inc.php file. This file is found within your /includes directory and must be writable. Please fix the permissions and try again.

I'm afraid I'm clueless at this point.

I know a lot of stuff about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn, Like computer lingo.
It means the file permissions are incorrect for that file.
You would follow the same directions for permissions in the install documents.
https://www.ubbcentral.com/doc_install.php

I would double check all the file folder permissions while you are at it if one is wrong there could be more.

BTW have a URL to that site?

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Originally Posted by Jim0421
Ever since I switched to UBB to host my sit4e I stopped getting email notifications that I have new members waiting for approval. Do I need to do some thing to make it work again? every thing else seems to be just fine.

if your notifications are working just edit your preferences and turn notifications on.

Email me when a new user registers on the forum

this is only visible for members with member edit permission.

you might want to revisit that whole section in your preferences.

Also you may have opted to use auto registration
Enable Registration Queue - turned off
Control Panel Registration

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It sounds like your permissions aren't configured correctly on your new webhost for starters; a look at your Master Settings -> Primary -> Basic Tab -> Advanced Mail Configuration may be useful, a standard setting of "mail" would use the configured PHP email handler which would just send mails off to sendmail.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Stranger
Stranger
I'm so far behind on this... had UBB take over as host because I'm not very computer literate beyond operator level. that's when I stopped getting notifications. I went into my profile and tried to change my email just to see if that would make a difference and I can't because I'm not getting the confirmation email for that either. I submitted a ticket back on the 14th and haven't received A reply of any kind yet. I'm at a loss..

I know a lot of stuff about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn, Like computer lingo.
If you still have issues.
check your private message I sent to you and respond there.

Blue Man Group
This person is stuck waiting on Brooks to respond on two tickets.
Brooks migrated him to his UBB server and left him with no access to the site via cpanel or any other tools
He does not even have access to make backups .ftp cpanel etc
So there is no way to check or change anything other than the UBB cp..

He is loosing new registrants due to no email for validation

Only thing I can recommend is turn off email validation till this is resolved.

According to the OP the first ticket was opened DEC 14 and is still not resolved.

Last edited by Ruben; 01/09/2023 5:25 PM. Reason: Added Comment

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It's entirely possible that some settings were not updated from your your old server, you should go through and check settings as a part of any site migration to a new server (mailer settings, attachment settings, anything with a path or unique settings to an environment).

Forum support is handled by the freelance UBBDev developers on their free time, and the techs behind the UBB Central brand do not frequent these forums; as such we users on the forum have absolutely no control or access to any offerings with the IP such as web hosting, domains, or offered services.

The only contact info we have other than directing you to the Support Desk is the email address of info@ubbcentral.com.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29