Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 98
Likes: 1
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 98
Likes: 1
I am not sure if it would be possible but I am having a lot of people struggling with imbedding images in their posts using IMG using free services. I assume it is the way these services format their links:

http://f3.yahoofs.com/users/420d2b56z1c421539/a67fre2/__sr_/856cre2.jpg?phAZd.EBfO68jiMd

Anyway around this in how it is handled? I would like for them to use the File Manager built in but most do not even try.

Last edited by Rick; 09/08/2006 8:02 PM.

I am a Superstar! Testing signature here
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Inline images go through a few checks before they are allowed to be posted. We make sure that they are either a .gif,.png,.jpg or .jpeg before they are converted to an actually img src tag. This is done as a security precaution to try and make sure it's an actual image being posted and not some sort of malicious script.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)