Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3475 09/18/2006 9:27 PM
D
D Offline
I've installed beta 1, 2, 3, and 5 (skipped 4). Beta 5 is the first time I've tried to bring over my real boards and members. Before, I just picked a few boards and had only myself as a member. I've been importing now for 15 1/2 hours, and it is on forum 10 of 82. How long should I expect an import to take? I know the next question is how many osts do I have. Not sure, but is there some sort of statistic per hour or something you can give?

Where I am going w/ this is that this seems like it could take days, and I will surely want the true release. Will I start all over? How will that work?

Thanks for any info.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Depends on a lot actually...
Ammount of Members
Ammount of Posts
If your server is heavily in use, if your server is lagged
etc.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
The only problem with importing now is if you're not going live with it. Any posts made on your live forum between now and the time you do go live would be lost and you'd have to reimport from scratch.

Importing all of the posts is the longest step, especially from UBB.classic because there is so much it has to do in order to get a clean import. I'm not sure on an average number of posts per hour as it depends on the server speed and how busy it is during the import. One of the guys that have done a classic import might be able to give a better idea.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Takes my .c (36276 posts) 6 hours last time, but my server has a LOT on it...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
D
D Offline
I'm at 24 hours now and on 33 out of 82 forums

Yes, I get that I will have to reimport from scratch and shouldn't have done it. I think I have about 80,000 posts. I wish there was a way to go from a certain point. If this is going to take 2 days, I dont want to shut my board down that long when the final release comes out, and so anyone that joins in that time or posts, I will have to paste the posts and ask the people to rejoin if they don't come over.

I am sure others besides me want to see a complete environment during the beta. That is why I decided to do the import once. Didn't know it would take so long.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, that seems to be pretty slow for only 80k posts. Can you give me the URL of your original forum so I can take a look at what all you are importing? You can send it to me in a PT if you'd like.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
very slow, I usually average 100k posts per hour or so in my classic imports.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
D
D Offline
Right now, it has been maybe 37 hours, and it is on 63 of 82 forums and has done 87,000. You would not believe, though, there were 2 of them going!!! I was gone all day and didn't see that until just now and killed one, so maybe the other will finish. my site is tropictravelonline.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php. It had been doing about 60 at a time and seems to be doing twice that now. I think the double one was not running all this time but only half of it. This morning when I got up, I thought it was stopped and clicked go. When I came home, there were 2.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 502 guests, and 178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29