Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Since yesterday, nobody can login on our site anymore, not even the Admin.
I'm sure this is some kind of MySQL error, we also get some error messages but I'm a rookie and completely helpless.

Here are the the problems:

When I try to login, I get "Invalid password for that Username". No matter what the Username is.

When I try to register a new User, I get the error:
Warning: Failed to Connect in d:\www.mysite.com\htdocs\forum\adduser.php on line 326
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in d:\www.mysite.com\htdocs\forum\adduser.php on line 328

And when I choose the "I forgot my password" option, I get the following error message:
Warning: Failed to Connect in d:\www.mysite.com\htdocs\forum\start_page.php on line 92
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in d:\www.mysite.com\htdocs\forum\start_page.php on line 92

Can somebody help? Do we have to overwrite the current installation with one of our backups?
What about the database? (new Users, new Posts/Threads).

Thanks for any hint.
We're still running UBBThreads 5.5.1 .

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
what was it that happened on the server to cause this error? Did the database user you connect as have it's password reset?

Have a look into the config.inc.php file and make sure that the user you connect to the database as is still valid on the MySQL installation which you are running on.

Regards,

Brett Harris
Infopop Corporation

I
stranger
stranger
I Offline
I am having a similar problem. We had to move an existing installation from a server at an offsite location to a server here in the building. I am able to view the forums, user lists, view posts. I have even created a new user. Once I log in with any account, admin or user, new or old, I get an error stating: "DB Error: connect failed - please refresh this page"

PHP and MySql have both been installed and a working properly. The databases have been copied over successfully. I have tried this both with cookies and sessions with the same result. The UBB version is 6.0.3. I have checked everything I can think of in the config.inc.php file and have tired the connection with two seperate MySql user accounts with the same result. The old server was Windows 2000 is IIS5 and the new server is Windows 2003 with IIS6.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
DB Error: connect failed

prety bland error. Either mysql is not running, UBB.threads is not configured to connect properly, the password is wrong, the MySQL user has no permissions, or some error of that nature. Definately check your MySQL grants, though that should return a permission denied rather than a failed to connect.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
I
stranger
stranger
I Offline
MySQL is running.
As far as I can tell UBB.threads is configured properly.
The password is correct.
The user has permissions.
I double checked the grants. It did have some. I made them even more explicit by granting not just at the database level but all the way down through the table level.

I am curious as to why the database connects to pull all the data for the threads, all the data for a user search, inserts a new user properly, yet cannot connect for a login. This leads me to beleive that it is not a database issue but either a permission problem with a directory or file that this functionality accesses or a configuration setting that I missed somewhere. If it where an issue with the database not connecting I would think that I would not be able to create a new user through the ubb interface and then go to the database and see that user's info in the table with a query.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D Offline
Just checking the obvious....

Have you verified that the DB info in config.inc.php (i.e. dbserver, dbuser, dbpass, dbname) is correct?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, Ruben), 1,011 guests, and 179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29