Print Thread
Hop To
#42519 10/14/2004 1:49 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Hi,
I am feeling very disappointed with Infopop right now after having them spend 1 month (yes) upgrading my UBB.Classic board to UBB.Threads. Practically all of the regular posters have now given up on the board. However, I have some questions that I would like answered, and, to be quite frank, am fed up with having to wait an eternity every time I fill out a support ticket.

Please look at my forum:
www.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Can someone please offer any reasons why it is so incredibly slow, with pages timing out, and images failing to load?

UBB.Threads is full of bugs! I have encountered about 5 in the last 5 minutes of looking at my new forum! And they are serious - like, pages say "You are not logged in" at the top and then when I click "Login" it takes me to the "My Home" page with my profile already on it. Or the fact that the "Display preferences, number of shown topics, languages, colors... " link doesn't even work! Oh my god, the more I look at this, the more I want to abandon UBB.Threads. I have got to get all of this on to this forum before Friday in the hope that someone from Infopop will actually read this before they all go home for the weeked (which they have done for the last 4 weekends - trust me, I have tried to get emails replied to on a Saturday or Sunday before).

Also, I have been looking through the control panel and need an answer to this question:

1) Where can I disable the ability of anonymous users to post (as was the case in UBB.Classic)?

And why is this box I am writing in right now so ridiculously small?

#42520 10/14/2004 2:22 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Regarding your issues with our support, I would rather address them in a ticket that you currently have open with me. The answer to your question regarding disabling the ability of anonymous users to post is also in the reponse I provided in your ticket but here it is again:

To restrict posting to members only, go to the control panel>> Forum Settings>> under the Forum Permissions tab you will see the Group Access option, you will want to make sure that For the Guests group that Read Only is checked. Note that you will have to do this for each forum.

Regards,
Denise Fitzgerald
Customer Support Manager
Infopop Corporation

#42521 10/14/2004 2:38 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
It is all very well having a private conversation, which I will, but sometimes you need to let other people know that you have experienced awful customer service, as I have for the past month. (Yes, it truly was awful, there really is no question about it). I have come back to my forum today only to find most people have left because of the month's downtime which was entirely Infopop's fault, only to find that the new software is riddled with serious bugs. I could list them forever, I really could, but there is always this horrible delay between my complaining (which I really don't like doing believe it or not) and Infopop's replying. There really is no rhyme or reason as to when Infopop chooses to reply - it could be within 1 hour or it could be 4 days later. I am at a loss with this company at the moment. My forum has been ruined and is basically a joke right now. *Everyone* has either left or is going to leave in a few days.
This is the worst possible scenario that could ever have happened to me.
That is what I want other potential users to hear about. I don't want to keep things like that hidden away and have other great forums killed off.

#42522 10/14/2004 4:27 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I'm going to close this thread. for several reasons

First and foremost is that it's truly unfair. You see, I can't answer back without apeparing to be attacking you, my customer. I can't post here and enumerate the many hours Rick, Kate, Denise, and I have all put into fixing your issues. It's nobody else's business. I can't adequately defend the insunuations.

You're backing us into a corner where it's just not fair to you or to us to repond. We can't do it without making someone look bad, and I don't want that.

So, instead, we'll just close this and continue to attend to your needs via that ticket, thanks.

If you have found bugs that are not reported or responded to in the bugs forum by all means post them. If you have questions with settings, either on the admin side or in your personal settings, such as "why is this box I am writing in right now so ridiculously small" then by all means ask in the proper forum. We'll be glad to help.

But posting things such as "(Yes, it truly was awful, there really is no question about it)." when indeed there is a question both isn't helpful and isn't going to remain open for long.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (Stovebolt, ahmed047, Gizmo), 923 guests, and 152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29