Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#43366 12/04/2004 2:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Okay, so some things were messed up with the original install and I finally got them all worked out.

Now, the problems seems to be the admin account or rather lack of.

The first user I put in (after the bad install) was put in and everything, but I can not see a link for any sort of control panel/box, etc. However all of the documentation says there is one. What's up?

The user is user #4, and there are 3 **DO NOT DELETE** users before this. I noticed on other boards that these members have been deleted. Should I delete them? What is the deal, how do I get the control panel to show up to access the admin features?

Thanks,
Fred

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Got tired of waiting, so I played with it a little bit.

I dropped my database, edited the creattable file to take out the default '0' lines now that I know it is half baked (messed up) and reran the install. It came up and told me that my tables were already created (which I DID drop the tables and verified this before I reran it). I moved the install files again (I have learned not to delete them) and then manually went to the index.php which took me to the newuser.php. I made a new user and now I am an admin, all my tables are there and I have access to the control panel.

I now know how to install ubb.threads and FIX the install out of the box, it will not work like it is.

Thank you everyone for helping with this.

If you are curious as to how to fix a fresh install, follow my other thread posts.

Thanks,
Fred

D
journeyman
journeyman
D Offline
Sorry for the frustration, Fred. We are aware of these problems, and they will be addressed in the 6.5.1 release.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 1,109 guests, and 172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29