Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18

Get the following after the 6.5 upgrade completed and I try to view the index:

We cannot proceed.
Script: /usr/www/users/creview/mbx/ubbt.inc.php
Line#: 1565
SQL Error: Unknown column 'U_OC_Userid' in 'field list'
SQL Error #: 1054
Query: SELECT U_Username,U_Password,U_SessionId, U_StyleSheet, U_Status, U_Privates, U_FrontPage, U_Number, U_Banned,U_LastOn,U_OC_Userid FROM cr4Users WHERE U_Number = '2'

ideas?

Did I miss an altertable somehwere?

tia

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 742
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 742
Did you get the 6.4 to 6.4.1 altertable, that field I believe was added in that altertable.


Joshua Pettit
Web Developer
www.ThreadsDev.net | www.JoshuaPettit.com
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
Yep, I remember because it ran in about a nano second and all it said was 'Done'. The other altertables were a bit more descriptive.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 742
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 742
Actually I was wrong it was added in the 6.3-6.4 altertable. Check the altertable-6.3-6.4.php script, around line 237.

Were the other fields in that query added? U_Birthday, U_ShowBirthday etc.... ?

If not, you'll need to re-run that query.


Joshua Pettit
Web Developer
www.ThreadsDev.net | www.JoshuaPettit.com
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
When I ran 6.3-6.4 during the upgrade I did have a glitch but I kept going:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/www/users/creview/mb/mysql.inc.php on line 140
Adding a new table to save database queries that are used frequently from the admin section
Adding a new field to the Groups table to allow for disabling of groups.
Grabbing all old poll data for conversion.
Dropping old poll tables and creating new ones for the updated poll system.
importing old poll data...
Adding a table for calendar events...
Altering the user's table to add a few new fields/preferences...
Altering the online table to store info a bit differently...
Altering the board's table to allow admin's to associate an image with a forum...
Altering the posts table so posts can be linked to a calendar event...
Reworking some indexes for speed, this may take awhile. You will get a few errors about indexes not being able to be dropped. This is ok, index names might be a bit different depending on when you installed but they will be dropped properly...
Creating a cache table for some things that don't change to often...
Creating a table to store version info to make future upgrades easier...
Done

--

I will check and see if the fields you listed were added.

brb

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 742
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 742
What happens if you run this query:

ALTER TABLE w3t_Users
ADD U_Birthday VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
ADD U_ShowBday INT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
ADD U_TimeFormat VARCHAR(6),
ADD U_Ignored TEXT,
ADD U_OC_Userid VARCHAR(64),
ADD INDEX birthday_ndx (U_Birthday,U_ShowBday)


Joshua Pettit
Web Developer
www.ThreadsDev.net | www.JoshuaPettit.com
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
If those field are supposed to be in the users table, I don't see them.

These are the fields in the users table as of now:

U_LoginName
U_Username
U_Password
U_Email
U_Fakeemail
U_Name
U_Totalposts
U_Laston
U_Signature
U_Homepage
U_Occupation
U_Hobbies
U_Location
U_Bio
U_Status
U_Display
U_View
U_PostsPer
U_Number
U_EReplies
U_Notify
U_TextCols
U_TextRows
U_Extra1
U_Extra2
U_Extra3
U_Extra4
U_Extra5
U_Registered
U_Preview
U_Picture
U_PictureView
U_Visible
U_PicturePosts
U_AcceptPriv
U_RegEmail
U_RegIP
U_Groups
U_Language
U_Title
U_FlatPosts
U_TempPass
U_Color
U_StyleSheet
U_TimeOffset
U_Privates
U_FrontPage
U_StartPage
U_Favorites
U_ShowSigs
U_OnlineFormat
U_Rating
U_Rates
U_RealRating
U_PicWidth
U_PicHeight
U_SessionId
U_Approved
U_Palprofile
U_AdminEmails
U_EmailFormat
U_TimeFormat
U_WhichForums
U_Categories
U_Banned
U_CoppaUser
U_ProfileHash
U_LastPostTime
U_LastPostIP
U_LastSearch
U_SearchSession
U_FloodControl
U_LastPost

--

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
Your SQL-query has been executed successfully
SQL-query : [Edit] [Create PHP Code]
ALTER TABLE cr4Users ADD U_Birthday VARCHAR( 10 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
ADD U_ShowBday INT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
ADD U_Ignored TEXT,
ADD U_OC_Userid VARCHAR( 64 ) ,
ADD INDEX birthday_ndx( U_Birthday, U_ShowBday )

U_TimeFormat was already there, the rest were added.

brb

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18

OK, index came up, logged in as an admin, went to control panel.

Looks ok, cept 'total members' shows 0, but when I go to member management it shows 4,066, which is correct. Not sure if I need to worry about this.

Anything else I need to check to see if its missing? Kinda scratching my head as to why those fields were left out.

Much thx for hanging with me on this.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 742
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 742
The 0 is cached - click "Clear Cache" in the Control Panel. also that may not update until you officially open the forum.


Joshua Pettit
Web Developer
www.ThreadsDev.net | www.JoshuaPettit.com
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 18

Well I have been poking around, so far, so good.

Thx again, I was in a jam and u bailed me out.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
Hi, I've been directed to this.. I ran the script and it added one missing table.

However, all private messages existing before the upgrade are now listed as from "deleted user" .. new ones are fine?

Any ideas?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
Hello.. Anyone out there?


Join Europes biggest BMW M Car owners site
M-Torque - www.mtorque.co.uk
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 742
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 742


Joshua Pettit
Web Developer
www.ThreadsDev.net | www.JoshuaPettit.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)